Discuss EICR- Lack of access! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

craig1000

Hi
I would like to know peoples thoughts!
Went to perform a EICR last week at a apartment in town! Full access was given to the apartment itself but I wasn't able to gain access to the distribution position itself!
I am going back Monday to do some operational fault remedial works & change's of failed equipment, nothing that caused it to fail the EICR & I am told that I should have access!
If again I don't have access what course of action is best?
Can I put it as a limitation that I couldn't get access to the distributors equipment?
Do I record limitations on the supply characteristics?
If I do this am I still able to issue a satisfactory result?

How will this affect the result I issue though? As without being able to fully complete the report it is a un satisfactory is it not? Or can satisfactory be issued upon the terms of the limitation so I am saying the install is good from the customers CU but I am not verifying the condition of the supply cable from the landlords/distributors intake position!?
Property is a large block of flats with a 2c swa up to customer CU glanded first into a AD box & CPC lugged from here into CU

Limitation are just that.

Its not tested and will obviously severely affect the accuracy and worth of the report.

You can only base the outcome on things you have tested

Cheers, sorry to sound dopey but I haven't had this issue previously, so in the event I need to record as a limitation would I issue a satisfactory or unsatisfactory?
Technically its unsatisfactory I guess as not the whole install tested BUT the parts I have tested are satisfactory & that will be what I am reporting on so a satisfactory reading could be issued could it not?

Craig as it is a flat what tests are you talking about here. I would guess the main one would be Ze ..............well you can do a Zs (Zdb) to cover that.

Is it main bonding your concern............ again if there is no bonding in the flat itself then I would be most likely giving the report a C2 and therefore according to the take on things it must be an unsatisfactory

I am referring to verifying supply characteristics & earthing arrangement!
Have done a ZS(Zdb) which is fine!
I want access to the origin of supply/main switch room for apartment block as results on the supply characteristics & earthing arrangement should be taken at the origin of supply to the building itself should it not & also to view & record protective device characteristics that are supply the flats CU!
From the point at the flat it is a TNS supply using cable sheath as CPC but I need to confirm the supply to the building itself!

Have you ever done an PIR/EICR on a industrial complex ? I think over the years I must have done well over 50+ and I can safely say that I can count on one hand the times I have taken the Ze at origin, sometimes it is just not possible.

I have to say though that mostly even in flats you should be able to gain access to the intake, but if you can't you just can't. If your Zs (Zdb) is acceptable then you pass it as satisfactory and make a comment on the observations.

The bonding IMO is a little different if there is none in the flat itself, then you will need to code it. Even if the main incomers are bonded at source, they should still also be bonded in the flat itself using an Earth Marshaling Point (EMP)

All sorted today, gained access to main switch panel cupboard for the flats! ;-)

Reply to EICR- Lack of access! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock