Discuss EICR legally required ? ; serviced apartment to residential refurb in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

shakil

-
Reaction score
Hi,
1. Are new EICRs legally required for existing CU's etc. when serviced apartment flats are refurbished then sold as residential ? There is a 2012 EICR one for the existing.
2. Also, must the CU's be replaced with 17th Edition compliant ones ?
Many thanks, Shakil

George is right.
But there may be a push from Buildings folks as part of the sign off for the change of use, I'm guessing(?).

Building control may require some form of completion certification, even an EICR to confirm the installation is still safe for further use.

I personally would get one done just to cover my bum in case of any future problems that may arise but are not linked to your works.

If there’s no additions or alterations then an EICR.

Reply to EICR legally required ? ; serviced apartment to residential refurb in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
Just had an EICR done and C2 (dangerous) applied to 3-way consumer unit which is exclusively for 3 x Storage Heaters. Pic below. Yes its plastic...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Just wondering what everyone's response to the following scenario is. Letting agents have asked us to carry out an EICR. There was...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock