Discuss EICR on local swimming pool in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not sure what advice your asking for here, was there any particular parts of the EICR you were scratching your head about?.. luckily their is a nice concise section of the regs dedicated to such special locations so as long as your aware of the general requirements of the BS7671 and the special location requirements then you should be ok.

You need a detailed discussion with the swimming pool manager and maintenance manager to agree a schedule of circuit outages and power outages.
You also need to agree some limitations, such as lighting being off could be dangerous in such an area so live testing only or some such.

Cheers guys. My poor english Darkwood.... Arrived at the pool, 100mA main switch protecting everything. Do I not recall swimming pools should be TT?

Agi have certain restrictions of earthing systems.

There are no considerations for earthing restrictions for swimming pools. Just be aware of

• Zones
  • Lot if use of SELV circuits
  • IP ratings for boxes, enclosures etc
  • BS for underwater lights

Start with a risk assessment. Rather assuming this is a public pool and not a private one, as it's in use all the time....just wondering as you've questioned the type of earthing in use. Getting at least the lighting tested out of hours would be the best option (first thing in the morning before the pool opens, or negotiate a late opening for the morning of testing)....having the lights go out when someone's going off the high board wouldn't be good.

Only the room containing ths swimming pool is covered under the special location the rest of the building is just a standurd installation open to the public just not sure about the changing room areas

Reply to EICR on local swimming pool in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net