Discuss EICR on marina helpppppp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
EICR on a marina, say I have a distribution unit with 3 BS88 fuses each one feeds another DU A,B,C for instance say for DU B I have circuit details then schedule of test results for the main DU that feeds the others but on that one it says Max Zs reading for DU B theres no dead testing so, then another circuit details and shedule of test results for DU B it’s self with sub circuits which I will put Zs as my highest from testing all sockets will my max Zs just be my Maximum Zsb from testing DU B itself? For my main DU reading for DU B
Hope it makes sense

EICR on a marina, say I have a distribution unit with 3 BS88 fuses, each one feeds another DU A,B,C, for instance.
Say for DU B I have circuit details, and a schedule of test results for the main DU that feeds the others, but on that one it says, max Zs reading for DU B there's no dead testing, so, then another circuit details and shedule of test results for DU B it’s self with sub circuits which I will put Zs as my highest from testing all sockets will my max Zs just be my Maximum Zsb from testing DU B itself? For my main DU reading for DU B
Hope it makes sense

Bradley from your past posts you are undertaking a job you should not be.
I agree with Westy Bradley, do you have any electrical experiencor qualifications, as your profile lists none.

Hopefully he hasn’t or my funny rating will go down like a lead balloon :(
I'm sure he hasn't drowned Ian, may be a bit unsure of how to react to some of the replies.

He is getting his hand - held instructions on the screwfux forum (God help him). Seems he's not aware that for a downstream DB (Its a marina) the Ze can be n/a.

Last edited:
Confusing hahahaha I’m only an apprentice so still trying to learn, there’s a Main DB which feeds another DB say DB1 which has a main switch that feeds a another DB say DB2, there’s a shedule of circuit details and results for DB1 to DB2 which I’ve measured the Zsb and ka at each one but confused will my Maximum earth loop impedance be the same as Zsb as it’s only the sub cable feeding the DB2 as no dead testing involved

Confusing hahahaha I’m only an apprentice so still trying to learn, there’s a Main DB which feeds another DB say DB1 which has a main switch that feeds a another DB say DB2, there’s a shedule of circuit details and results for DB1 to DB2 which I’ve measured the Zsb and ka at each one but confused will my Maximum earth loop impedance be the same as Zsb as it’s only the sub cable feeding the DB2 as no dead testing involved
Sorry but I'm still struggling to understand the question. There will be a Ze at the intake, and a Zdb at each sub board. The maximum permitted Zs at each DB will depend on the OCPD protecting the distribution circuit.

Reply to EICR on marina helpppppp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock