Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss EICR Pricing for Small Commercial Premises in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. arcbrightmike

arcbrightmike EF Member

Hello Fellow Sparks

Just trying to sort out a price list for one of my clients who wants all of hes 12 cafes around London tested this year. I was just wondering if anyone thinks that I am doing it too cheap or too expensive or if I am missing something

Electrical Installation ConditionReport (EICR) Prices

Small Commercial Premises

Minimum Charge £250.00 plus anycharges such as parking and congestion charge and out of hours workwill be charged at £50.00 on top of the final price.

Circuits are defined as final circuitssupplying power, lighting or equipment, distribution circuitssupplying distribution boards or isolators and also including mainearthing and main protective bonding conductors.

Circuits Price

01 - 20 £15.00 each
    21 - 40 £12.50 each
    41+ £10.00 each

Thanks in advance

2. arcbrightmike

arcbrightmike EF Member

3. D80

D80 Guest

Read a post here the other day (Des 56 I think) which is pretty much how I price it up.
    40 mins per circuit + 40mins per DB, multiplied by your hourly rate.

4. bugsy

bugsy Guest

Did two 36 way boards £1,500.00 last week - night clubs 6 each year every year

5. owenskinner

owenskinner Active EF Member

Personally I am happy charging an hourly rate and stating that I check 100%. I charge for all paperwork too.

6. IQ Electrical

IQ Electrical Trusted Advisor

What do you actually mean by check 100% ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TPES

TPES Regular EF Member

Checking 100%? Every single socket, switch, and light fitting gets removed and checked?

8. IQ Electrical

Exactly my point, you'd introduce more faults than you'd identify.

100% test yes, 100% accessible visual inspection but a sampled detailed inspection.

Sampled detailed inspection isn't a short cut.

• Like Like x 2
  9. owenskinner

owenskinner Active EF Member

I do mean look at everything, the stuff I have come across warrants it. Also I understand it that if you come across one fault you need to check 100% anyway.

10. IQ Electrical

If you started on a 30% sampled detailed inspection, you wouldn't normally jump to 100% after 1 fault, you would increase your sample percentage and continue to do so should a pattern of defects emerge.

The sample percentage is there to prevent the introduction of faults and defects due to dismantling, it's all in Guidance Note 3.

• Like Like x 1