Discuss EICR question, TT. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mr. Anderson

Hi guys

I'm doing my first PI and it happens to be on a TT system. I've a question regarding the "Detail of Installation Electrode" box...

1, Type... Is that a simple as it sound? Rod, mat etc?
2, Resistance to earth... Is this another space for the Ze measurement or the resistance of the conductor?

and how does the electrician doing the testing find out who is supplying the property in order to find out the nominal voltage and frequency?

Sorry for my apparent stupidity but I'd rather as once now than guess and be getting it wrong for the rest of my career.

Many thanks,
Chris. (newly qualified, as I'm sure you've guessed) ;)

Hi guys

I'm doing my first PI and it happens to be on a TT system. I've a question regarding the "Detail of Installation Electrode" box...

1, Type... Is that a simple as it sound? Rod, mat etc?
2, Resistance to earth... Is this another space for the Ze measurement or the resistance of the conductor?

and how does the electrician doing the testing find out who is supplying the property in order to find out the nominal voltage and frequency?

Sorry for my apparent stupidity but I'd rather as once now than guess and be getting it wrong for the rest of my career.

Many thanks,
Chris. (newly qualified, as I'm sure you've guessed) ;)

1. Yes, rod, Mat etc...
2 This is for your Rod's Ra value. There is no Ze on a TT system...

Dah, ...The Area DNO that supplies everyone else would be a good guess!! The nominal voltage and frequency will be no different to any other system...

Dah! I was getting my terminology mixed up thinking of suppliers not distributors.:oops:
Anyway for anyone else who may not be familiar with distributors area post code I've found this map which might help...
Electricity Distribution Network Operators

Yes my tester measures voltage and frequency but as the form says “by enquiry” I thought I might try to enquire about this on my first attempt at form filling at least. Silly me!

And I wouldn't go as fare as to say I'm caught up with TT systems, I only ask as it's not something I covered in college other than in the books. (I learn best when getting my hands on a job)

Anyway, thanks for clearing up those points for me. :)

Reply to EICR question, TT. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net