Discuss EICR required for Part P installations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am very sure you are right but would like to know why he said stroma also want the same.

What may have been meant is that if you want Stroma to include you for EICR work on their scheme, they require a minimum amount of PI insurance from you.

For some reason you still refuse to say which person in which scheme told you all this.
Good advice has already been given to you by others in this thread, to contact the scheme and ask for clarification of this matter in writing.

What may have been meant is that if you want Stroma to include you for EICR work on their scheme, they require a minimum amount of PI insurance from you.

For some reason you still refuse to say which person in which scheme told you all this.
Good advice has already been given to you by others in this thread, to contact the scheme and ask for clarification of this matter in writing.

Andy i do agree with what everyone has said and thats why i posted the question because i didnt belive what i was told but i just wanted to know why someone said stroma wanted the same as i was told i needed. When i email i just wanted to say that no other scheme wants it and quote bs7671 and then didnt want them saying stroma want it as well.

I aint stressing just wanted to get all my facts right but maybe i am going over the top a bit over the top. Thanks to everyone who has given me good advice on here i am really grateful and sorry for dragging it on. I will let everyone know what they say when I send my email.

I have just read through this post and I feel like I have already had 5 pints, what a load of nonsense. I am in Stroma (or Storma as they are also apparently called), and I can verify that they definitely do not need an EICR filling out before you pick any tools up, and neither would any other Scheme. Whoever gave you that information is quite wrong.
I am now going to prepare dinner. Not tea, that's a drink.
Don't panic.
Edit - If you want to do EICR's under the Stroma "Banner", then they insist on professional indemnity insurance, that's all, which is probably a good idea, your choice. As Murdoch said, you don't have to be in a scheme to do them anyway.

I have just read through this post and I feel like I have already had 5 pints, what a load of nonsense. I am in Stroma (or Storma as they are also apparently called), and I can verify that they definitely do not need an EICR filling out before you pick any tools up, and neither would any other Scheme. Whoever gave you that information is quite wrong.
Don't panic.
Edit - If you want to do EICR's under the Stroma "Banner", then they insist on professional indemnity insurance, that's all, which is probably a good idea, your choice. As Murdoch said, you don't have to be in a scheme to do them anyway.
Posh Northerner.

Don't panic.

Right, let's gets this straight. Breakfast/Dinner/Tea. Easy. That's why dinner is at dinnertime and tea is at tea time.
And to make it conclusive, when do you have your Sunday dinner? Yep, dinner time.
Daz (ready for his tea, and a cup of tea)

Right, let's gets this straight. Breakfast/Dinner/Tea. Easy. That's why dinner is at dinnertime and tea is at tea time.
And to make it conclusive, when do you have your Sunday dinner? Yep, dinner time.
Daz (ready for his tea, and a cup of tea)
No No No No No. You are getting confused between Tea (in the afternoon, usually with a nice cake or scone) and dinner, which is usually at 7 ish after drinkies. Sunday Lunch would be taken at, well, lunchtime (2 ish after a few wets)
Quite simple really.

Well I've never heard of lunch ladies at school. They are called Dinner ladies
So by process of elimination we eat Dinner at lunchtime simples.

gutterball - don't encourage him. You can't argue with facts, Dinner at Dinner time, Tea at tea time. Fact.

breakfast in the morning - lunch around midday - tea in the afternoon - dinner in the evening - supper before bed.
Gutterball, have you got time for any work? - it seems to me that your day is quite 'full' as you probably are BUT as sparksburntout so eloquently mention ' YOU DO GOTTA BITTA CLASS!'

well there is elevenses and snacks between if you get hungry. my work day is usually breakfast about 6:30ish then lunch is usually a packet of crisps or a chocky bar whilst driving between jobs, then dinner about 7pm

Reply to EICR required for Part P installations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net