Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Eicr

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by bks, Jun 22, 2015.

Discuss Eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. bks

bks EF Member

Hello friends,
    i have been doing EICR for caravan sometimes now. On 16A or 32A hookup box with 30maRCD protection mostly found 1ohms or more Zs at hookup and more inside the van. When you put the results in schedule of test sheet which will not comply with maximum Zs value table from regs book. If you compare with amendment 3 now it gonna be even worst. When you get Zs value at hookup box 1 ohm or more on TNS earthing system ,inside the van your ring main Zs reading won't comply if you compare with regs Maximum Zs value table 1.1 ohms amendment 3 or 1.15ohms before amendment @ 80%. I have giving satisfactory EICR if I find low Cpc continuity and high insulation resistance of all circuits and in reference with 1667 ohms maximum Zs allow if you have 30ma RCD protection. I just want your opinion guys please.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. ImpededLoop

ImpededLoop Electrician's Arms

Is it definetely TNS or are the caravam pitches TT?

3. bks

bks EF Member

Yes, it's definitely TNS earthing system around park.

4. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    If your Ze at origin and the length of supply cable are consistent with the readings you are getting then this is compliant, not ideal by any manner of means, but it does comply with the regulatory requirements.
    If the Ze and cable length do not combine to give this level of reading then there is something wrong and further investigation should be undertaken.

5. driverman

driverman DIY

What type of caravan park is it? ie residential, static, touring. Generally as mentioned above TT is the norm. However the distribution system can be a TN system, but then the caravan is made TT. Is there an earth rod by each van?

6. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

No, TNS is perfect acceptable, it is only TNCS supplies which cannot be used

7. driverman

driverman DIY

i thought that all touring sites had to be TT. Residential vans can be TNS as long as not all metal. Statics to be TT also.