Discuss Eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Steve Mann

Hi guys, how many eicr tests do you think is reasonable to carry out in a 7 hour day that's including paper work and not a bodged test lol mainly on 3 bed houses with aprox 6- 10 circuits

Well we're expected to do 3 to 4 but the most I've done is 3 and that's filling paper work in at home.

Well... I did say to a satisfactory level.

And doing the paperwork in the evening is not part of a 7 or 8 hour day.

sounds like your gaffer's cracking the whip.

..............or you're the gaffer doing the cracking. i'm guessing it's the latter, after post 3.

edit: changed my mind..........just seen post 5!!.........need to type faster.

Well our company own around 30000 property's and think we are supermen I've argued thatv2 tests is fair, we have to fit seal stickers on boards and fill in 5 of our in house forms on top of the eicr sheets

Well it's the same old off the tools spark that's never really done testing that's come up with these figures you would of thought after using contractors that we sacked for doing abysmal tests they would of learned there lessons as many of the follow on work teams have exposed there results and findings .

there's too much responsibility involved in doing eicr's to just rush through them. i wouldn't be putting my name on anything that i've been forced to hurry.

welcome to the merry world of estate agent / property management inspections.
corner cutting not optional.
how on earth anyone thinks periodics can be done against the clock is beyond me.
quit now , it may just save your sanity and professional integrity.

Well, given its an "old" spark suggesting you can do 4 does he actually have a grasp of the information you are required to do?

lets work it out..........

4 a day in 8 hrs including driving & paperwork = 1hr 20 minutes actual testing at each site on 2-3 bed properties.
good luck with that.

I've saw a job local to me who pay the employee £25 per house, expected to do 5 a day, and commercial testing 50-60 circuits £150 per day.....may aswell stop in bed at those rates and expectations that will hardly be met.
The op would be earning the grand sum of £50 per day for the privilege doing 2 a day which is doing it properly, these ppl who set these targets need to live a day in our shoes and see how much they take home at the end of the day.

No I refuse to rush them I'm averaging 2 tests the odd accession I've done 3 but that's doing paper work in our own time we have an independent firm do random checks on our work ,I will not allow them to push me I will just go on to the follow on works team or day to day if there not happy with 2 tests

Reply to Eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock