Discuss Eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Davem

Right guys first EICR found some C1&C2 codes obviously once thee have been rectified what certification do you give the client once a satisfactory ??

An installation cert/minor works referenced to the EICR

Don't give all our secret's away Trev

Thanks Trev with regards t that, I have a hob plug in a socket, shower on a to small of a breaker, no blanks in consumer unit etc. how would I go about filling the minor works cert in. I ask because I'm not really changing the wiring I'm just rectifying the problems, would there be a need a test again if I'm simply changing a breaker ?? Thanks again Trev

Davem why are you asking about Eicr's when it say's on your profile that you are a factory worker, am I missing something ??

I'm hoping he's "one of us" and just having a brain fart mate.
If he's "one of them" we'll have to deal with him :)

Yeah sorry lads need to update profile was a factory worker put myself through college, and passed elecsa part p in March

Thanks Trev with regards t that, I have a hob plug in a socket, shower on a to small of a breaker, no blanks in consumer unit etc. how would I go about filling the minor works cert in. I ask because I'm not really changing the wiring I'm just rectifying the problems, would there be a need a test again if I'm simply changing a breaker ?? Thanks again Trev

A hob on a 13 amp supply is unlikely to work, what is the wattage of this hob? If it's low enough to be on a plug top why are you pulling it?

Shower on wrongly rated MCB, what is the wattage of the shower and MCB?

No blanks in a CU, send the customer an invoice detailing the blanks supplied and fitted.

If you're changing an MCB you are potentially changing the circuit characteristics and this would require a installation cert (imho) and yes, for that reason you would fully test the circuit to ensure it still complies. However, if it is a like for like replacement there is an argument for no cert required but I'd do one just to cover my backside if nothing else.

A covering letter always gets sent with any remedial works I carry out mate. As you can't exactly write a test form for fitting blanks into a db! Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower is 10.5kw fitted with 10mm cable on 40amp mcb, for the hob it's supplied from a 32amp breaker in 6mm junction box to a double socket hob and oven plug in.

Shower is 10.5kw fitted with 10mm cable on 40amp mcb, for the hob it's supplied from a 32amp breaker in 6mm junction box to a double socket hob and oven plug in.
I don't like the sound of the junction box, should be on an outlet. Assuming the wattage is ok for a 32 amp supply then there's nothing wrong there and if the oven is less than 2KW then the recommendation for a dedicated supply doesn't apply.
Don't think either of those things warrant a C1 or 2 though mate

Oven is fine on a plug it's just the hob I'm a bit worried about, completing tomorrow so will doubly check this. What's your thoughts regarding the shower Trev ?

so..

how many KW is the shower?

and why do you think the MCB`s I N is too low?

what is the CSA of the shower cable?

edit: sorry about that...just seen a post with the info on it..

so...

you know that MCB will hold for upto 1.45 X its I N for upto an hour before it lets go dont you...

whats the installation method of the shower cable?

so...

you know that MCB will hold for upto 1.45 X its I N for upto an hour before it lets go dont you...

whats the installation method of the shower cable?

Still should be on a 45 anyway. Not good practice to leave it running over its rating. Daz

i'd be getting a clamp meter on that shower before condemning the 40A MCB. be very surprised to get >40A even on a good day.

Reply to Eicr in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock