Discuss EICR's - How long should it take ?????? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Guffer

-
Reaction score
Hi

Currently carrying out an EICR program for social housing and expected to carry out two a day.

This can be a struggle some days if full 10 ways and off peak too, never mind faults !

Speaking to other sparks some say one cant be done in a day and others say shut up whingeing doin four a day.

Doing this for 35 years now reckon I do reasonable job in reasonable time !

Any thoughts anyone ?

Yes you can do 4 in a day, however they wont be worth the paper they are written on. Maybe worth asking him how he manages to remove and inspect all the accessories if he is doing 4 a day.

Half a hour a circuit is about the norm for a domestic install, especially if they are occupied and you are having to move furniture.

EICR's and time don't really go hand in hand. You will have good days where perhaps you get 20 circuits tested if everything goes well and then again you will have the bad days where you're lucky to test 10.

See, call me perdantic, but how can you walk into 4 properties and do 100% tests on the circuits if there isn't a circuit chart, heaps of stuff and just identifying the ends of radials could take all day.

I allow 1 day for a house, 3/4 of a day if its empty. Those times allow for cert filling out.

As for the guys that do EICR's for £100 or less - leave them to it. Its normally for people who just want a cert to tick a box.

We do 2 a day who i work for( it's social housing) we have well structured set of agreed limitations, you shouldn't be fault finding in an eicr unless it's a C1 or in my companies case the immersion heater rodstat doesn't have a thermal cutout, if you would like a could forward them onto you tomorrow

it depends, a lot of companies don't fill out the eicr's on site and write the results shorthand e.g.

they have codes for certain common faults

if you are purely testing and then noting further investigation required then 2+ a day would be possible if they dont do a visual on everything

Last edited:
If it is agreed that only 10 ,20 or whatever % or accessories will be inspected then I would imagen 2 a day is easily possible. A full 100% eicr is unheard of these days especially when they expect them done for £100 .. the full testing role has become a paper exercise and lots of firms are willing to hand them out willingly. I heard of a guy who says he can do 100 circuits a day and he was on a job with over 4000 circuits at £5 a circuit.. yip £500 a day and still home before 5pm lol
Even had the cheek to do a Saturday and managed to do 100 that day also claimed they were all 3 phrase so don’t takr as long that’s why he does the 3TP on a sat
Totally unreal what people get away with

If it is agreed that only 10 ,20 or whatever % or accessories will be inspected then I would imagen 2 a day is easily possible. A full 100% eicr is unheard of these days especially when they expect them done for £100 .. the full testing role has become a paper exercise and lots of firms are willing to hand them out willingly. I heard of a guy who says he can do 100 circuits a day and he was on a job with over 4000 circuits at £5 a circuit.. yip £500 a day and still home before 5pm lol
Even had the cheek to do a Saturday and managed to do 100 that day also claimed they were all 3 phrase so don’t takr as long that’s why he does the 3TP on a sat
Totally unreal what people get away with

How many of those 4000 circuits were tested from the van?

Reply to EICR's - How long should it take ?????? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock