Discuss EICR's in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes you are correct, although often the organisation (insurance company, or Local Authority) will ask usually for someone registered with the NICEIC.
Most insurance companies will waive this requirement if you or your client speak to them, local authorities are a law unto themselves, and usually the best that you will get from them, is that they will allow anyone registered with any of the scammer schemes.
Most annoying, my reports are acceptable for the Olympics, Hospitals, Schools & Colleges, London Underground, etc. but not acceptable if a Landlord wants to rent their property to a Local Authority.

lol, i have been discussing work with a estate agent, but put them off till the new year when i decide with scam to join, but after reading something earlier i got the jist you might not need to for a EICR.

No you don't need to be registered, but if there are remedials which would require notification.....
If all you are concerned with is inspections and are not interested in conducting the remedials, no problem.
You could perhaps accept work from the Estate Agents, then perhaps use the remedial work (if any) for registration purposes.
The rules appear to be that you have 30 days from when the work is completed to make the notification through your scheme, and technically the work is not completed untill an EIC/MEIWC is issued.

No you don't need to be registered, but if there are remedials which would require notification.....
If all you are concerned with is inspections and are not interested in conducting the remedials, no problem.
You could perhaps accept work from the Estate Agents, then perhaps use the remedial work (if any) for registration purposes.
The rules appear to be that you have 30 days from when the work is completed to make the notification through your scheme, and technically the work is not completed untill an EIC/MEIWC is issued.

Yeah, get the remedial bit. i am going to register anyway, but its handy to know i can to the ECIR's now before i've done that.

thanks

Reply to EICR's in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net