Discuss Elecsa annual assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys &b Girls,

Ive just had my annual asessment for Elecsa. I got talking to the assesser and asked him about this "third party" signing deally!! I asked him if I would need to be registered in a different way and PAY any extra fee??? He said this new "third party" thing is a load of crap and its not going to work but you dont need to be registered any different, or pay any extra fee.....we then got talking about who would be at fault if the house burnt down??? the inspector or the installer????

I think they would need to create a new certificate, abit like the multi signiture EIC form...so the inspector would sign to he had inspected the install...and the installer would sign the installtion part!! but there would also have to be a part where the inspector clearly states what he HAS & HASNT inspected. So basically an EICR with multiple signitures on it.

Anyay, we both agreed that it is a crap system that needs scraping altogether but thats not going to happen!!! But at least there is no extra cost to the registered person.......YET!!!!!lol

Jay

Firstly.. Mint picture.. Love the program..

And it shows what a shambles it is when even the guy paid by Elecsa aggrees that its a pants idear..

Firstly.. Mint picture.. Love the program..

And it shows what a shambles it is when even the guy paid by Elecsa aggrees that its a pants idear..

Cheers, its my favourate program EVER!!! Ive got the limited edition box set.

Yes it is a shambles and its a good way for Electrical Trainee and the general public to do the work and get us mugs to sign it off. Now I will be quite happy to do it.....I wont turn good money down but I will probably charge more than the useuall EICR and ill be picking at everything!!!!lol

I think that if there's a box for the installer to sign (as a competent person), then they just won't bother. Most DIY'ers/plumbers/builders who carry out electrical work won't want anything in black and white to state that they did so to any kind of standards.

I think that if there's a box for the installer to sign (as a competent person), then they just won't bother. Most DIY'ers/plumbers/builders who carry out electrical work won't want anything in black and white to state that they did so to any kind of standards.

I think this is the problem. If they didnt bother with certs or notifying before......why would they bother doing it now.lol
Ive been asked loads of times to do an EICR for someone because the "electrician/DIYer" has done a runner and the LABC want a cert...but the LABC are happy to accept an EICR, which just adds to the same problem.lol

I think this is the problem. If they didnt bother with certs or notifying before......why would they bother doing it now.lol
Ive been asked loads of times to do an EICR for someone because the "electrician/DIYer" has done a runner and the LABC want a cert...but the LABC are happy to accept an EICR, which just adds to the same problem.lol

It is a huge farce, everyone knows that, especially other trades.

Hi Guys &b Girls,

Ive just had my annual asessment for Elecsa. I got talking to the assesser and asked him about this "third party" signing deally!! I asked him if I would need to be registered in a different way and PAY any extra fee??? He said this new "third party" thing is a load of crap and its not going to work but you dont need to be registered any different, or pay any extra fee.....we then got talking about who would be at fault if the house burnt down??? the inspector or the installer????

I think they would need to create a new certificate, abit like the multi signiture EIC form...so the inspector would sign to he had inspected the install...and the installer would sign the installtion part!! but there would also have to be a part where the inspector clearly states what he HAS & HASNT inspected. So basically an EICR with multiple signitures on it.

Anyay, we both agreed that it is a crap system that needs scraping altogether but thats not going to happen!!! But at least there is no extra cost to the registered person.......YET!!!!!lol

Jay
gary stevens was it jay?..
well...my annual is coming up soon...
si i`ll ask him about this when he turns up....
then we can compare notes in here about all this malarky...

Cheers, its my favourate program EVER!!! Ive got the limited edition box set.

Yes it is a shambles and its a good way for Electrical Trainee and the general public to do the work and get us mugs to sign it off. Now I will be quite happy to do it.....I wont turn good money down but I will probably charge more than the useuall EICR and ill be picking at everything!!!!lol
come on jay....bradford..twinned with poland?...lol...
twinned with something else beginning with `P` more like...lol....

gary stevens was it jay?..
well...my annual is coming up soon...
si i`ll ask him about this when he turns up....
then we can compare notes in here about all this malarky...

Yeah Glenn, it was Gary. Nice fella, had him last year....he also calibrated my mft last year...he came out to a job I was doing.
Offered him a biccy and he just laughed..lol

It is a huge farce, everyone knows that, especially other trades.

My cousin is gas safe registered and he told me they only assessd him the first time he registered, then 18 months later, then again ONLY IF a customer complained...WTF!!! And I believe he only pays a hundred and sommet a year....nowt like our scams..lol

Yup, and you don't need any qualifications to do those either.

Yup, and you don't need any qualifications to do those either.

Exactamundo......like everyone has said and knows...its a farce. I might not even bother next year!!! Ive ben on my arse over xmas to pay for this years renewal and I find out that I could just get someone else to notify my work.lol

Reply to Elecsa annual assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock