Discuss Elecsa Annual Fee in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Through my letter box yesterday dropped my renewal letter from Elecsa - money is tight at the moment, so I called them to see if they have any "payment schemes"

Yes the lady said, pay your annual fee now, then pay your following years payments monthly, so at the end of the year your next assessment will be paid for.

So I said, that isn't helping me - thats going to make it harder for me!

So she said - we don't offer credit.

So I said - I don't offer YOU credit.

Well, she said, you could pay your annual fee in 3 payments across the next 3 months!

Why didn't she say that first or include it in the letter?

Anyone else had any conversations with Elecsa/Napit/NICEIC about this?

Interested to hear......

They do appear to offer reasonable payment terms and I am registered with them. They are my preferred competent scheme provider and they always return calls if you leave a message. Some other large scheme providers that I will not name don't even bother to return calls and messages left via their contact me page received equal non response. "electricians serving electricians" is elecsa'a moto and I have been happy with them.

Called them again the other day and they are "flexible" a very helpful lady in accounts clarified the situation. Thanks Elecsa.

You can also pay your N.I.C.E.I.C over six monthly payments, straying off subject , does anyone know if niceic are a bit behind with there yearly assesments ?..was last march when i had my last one..not heard a thing this year,,,not that im bothered of coarse !:)

I find all the scheme providers payment terms slightly jarring, I don't see why you can't just have a monthly direct debit (which isn't actually paying off NEXT years fee!)

What I did this year with ELECSA is I got a credit card with 0% on purchases for 13 months (I got mine off tesco but there are a few out there), bought the membership on that and then set a ddebit up to pay it over 12 months. I do the same with my car insurance as, as we all know, if you have a monthly ddebit with them they charge a hell of a lot more. This way you get charged the basic rate but get to pay it off monthly. Bang tidy!

You can also pay your N.I.C.E.I.C over six monthly payments, straying off subject , does anyone know if niceic are a bit behind with there yearly assesments ?..was last march when i had my last one..not heard a thing this year,,,not that im bothered of coarse !:)

Someone on another thread mentioned 12-15 months or so between assessments, if you'd had no issues.

Reply to Elecsa Annual Fee in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net