ELECSA Certification Scheme Elecsa HELP!!

Discuss Elecsa HELP!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rockstar94

Hi gents
Looking to gain my elecsa accreditation for my private jobs so I can set up on my own, have chosen elecsa as i am already a NICEIC QS for my day to day company.
My question is... I want to carry out a DB change at home for my assessment but the existing install is only about 2 years old and fully 17th compliant. Would simply changing a Hagar split 17th to a MK split 17th be enough to assess?

Guessing you're only going for DI and not AC.

Yes, it's good enough, providing it's done properly - seems a waste changing a fairly new board though imo.

I know but it's all I have access to, even my mother in law has a brand new 17th board which they unfortunately moved into. Yes I will be doing just DI

If its only two years old, whos to know you didnt do it last week???? Unless its already been notified but even then, I dowt the Elecsa assessor would know that. Just make sure it ALL complies, test it and fill out an EIC.

Jay

Jay, would u be saying pass off the work as mine?? Lol it did cross my mind! but to be honest it's not the way I want to start out by claiming others work, I'm very proud to be where I am today simply off my own back and for the price of a CU, fuses and a Saturday afternoon changing and testing a board would rather than begin my time dishonestly

Jay, would u be saying pass off the work as mine?? Lol it did cross my mind! but to be honest it's not the way I want to start out by claiming others work, I'm very proud to be where I am today simply off my own back and for the price of a CU, fuses and a Saturday afternoon changing and testing a board would rather than begin my time dishonestly

Well you can pop down to the orange shed and get a fully loaded dual rcd board for around £50. Then just find a nice quiet Saturday morning and install it. Keep the the 2 year old CU and if its in good nick, you even be able to use on another job!!!lol (No, dont do that realy)lol. All Im saying is, for the small price of 50 notes and a few hours of your time, you will have a good enough job to use for your assesment.

Jay

Yes glen a "QS" had to ask for genuine help as he is unsure and would rather spend £370 carefully in order to be assessed first time rather than discover on the assessment day he had to pay out for a revisit...

Jay...MDJ and Geordie have been in that shower an awfully long time haven't they. Dirty buggers!

I know, I cant be arsed changing it. Love the new picture though!! Got to be better than the other one you had.lol But I think Glenns self portrait photo beats us all.LMAO!! Sorry Glenn but thats a sh^% hot pic mate.

I know, I cant be arsed changing it. Love the new picture though!! Got to be better than the other one you had.lol But I think Glenns self portrait photo beats us all.LMAO!! Sorry Glenn but thats a sh^% hot pic mate.

I've naturally translated that in my man-brain.

Question, how many tissues have you wasted/put to good use?

lol.

heres a thing , leave the fully compliant board in , do a full test make sure all ok and tell him you fitted it

Glasgospark although tempting but already discussed with jay not really how I want to start out on my own. I'm more concerned that elecsa will not accept and not ask for a better job to assess

Can see the points of view, that's not for me though.

I'd rather go change a mates board for a massivley reduced price if you're that desperate. (little money is better than no money)

I'd probably even do it for the mother-in-law at reduced rates (at an absolutle push) lol.

Glasgospark although tempting but already discussed with jay not really how I want to start out on my own. I'm more concerned that elecsa will not accept and not ask for a better job to assess

I changed my cousins board for free, (he paid for the cu etc) and I used that for my first Elecsa assessmant. All he asked me when on site was to take off the cover so he could have a look (to see if I remembered safe isolation) and to do a Zs test at a socket. On site for 10 min max. Im useing a new garage supply from house cu, to new garage cu, withn a light and a few sockets in there, for my renewal in two weeks.

Well mark I did weigh up doing it for a mate but the saving grace of doing a already 17th compliant install is that there's no remedials and no worries (save the fire rating of the downlights in my living room)

Can see the points of view, that's not for me though.

I'd rather go change a mates board for a massivley reduced price if you're that desperate. (little money is better than no money)

I'd probably even do it for the mother-in-law at reduced rates (at an absolutle push) lol.

I couldnt do it for my mother-in-law, I might just do something wrong, accidently on purpose..lol Old hagg!!!

Thanks Jay, Mark and glasgospark for providing actual advice, feel alot more confident about the job now. Will let you know how it goes

Reply to Elecsa HELP!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock