Discuss Elecsa - Part P April 2013 deadline postponed? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bladerunner

Hi everybody

I've just registered to this forum although I have used it many times as a learning resource whilst studying for my 2330 Level 2 and 3 which finishes July 2013 (without an NVQ)

I would deeply appreciate any information as to the current situation (post Feb 1st 2013) with regard to the Part P April 2013 deadline as I am getting some conflicting information from Elecsa

These new Part P proposals where a bit a bombshell when I first stumbled upon this information whilst looking for some prices for the 17th edition 2382-12 exam. My college teacher didn’t even know about these changes.

In nutshell these changes mean that unless I register under a Part P scheme before April 2013, I will need to do an NVQ level 3 course to register later on. As I will have already completed 3 years part time at college and paid £1000 college fees for this year, this is not really an option

I contacted Elecsa in January this year and was told that to register for Part P, I would need to be competent in inspection and testing and hold the 17th edition 2382-12 qualification (approx £450) before April 2013 but in addition would also need a calibrated meter (approx £400), liability insurance at £250, books at approx £100, registration and membership with Elecsa (£400 per year)......

An alternative solution I have considered is to become a qualified supervisor for someone who is already Part P registered in which case I just need the 17th Edition + inspection and testing and can register in my own right later on.

However when I contacted Elecsa again at the beginning of February, they said the April 2013 deadline had been postponed so I could still register with just the 17th Edition after April. Surprised by this, I have searched the internet high and low but everyone else is saying the deadline is still April.

I have called Elecsa on a further 2 occasions this month and spoken to different advisors (who have confirmed the information with someone higher up at my request) but the answer is the same - the Part P April 2013 deadline has been postponed for the time being.

Has anyone else got any more info on this matter ?

Kind Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my yearly Elecsa assessment this week and my assessor also said that it had been postponed to an unknown date. We discussed the third party certification issues and all the bodies seem to be against it. I mean how can you verify an installation when you have not seen it all installed? One minute they say do not sign others work off and the next its fine.

You might want to double check. If you have completed a recent course ( as you will have in July ) you will have been studying to the 17th edition. I'm sure this negates the need for a 17th edition course and certificate.

An email from Elecsa:
Good Morning,

Thank you for your email. With regards to changes to the qualification at present we will still be accepting new applications in April with contractors holding the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition qualification.

If you would like any more information on joining us please don’t hesitate to contact the customer services team on 03333 218220.

Many thanks

Customer Services Manager | ECA Services Division

Hi Elmer

Thanks for the reply.

Does this imply Elecsa will still be accepting new applications after April 2013 with contractors holding the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition qualification ?

Kind regards

I've just registered to this forum although I have used it many times as a learning resource whilst studying for my
2330 Level 2 and 3 which finishes July 2013

Can't see what your worried about, you'll have a level 3 qualification when you have finished your C&G 2330!! Do you really think these scheme providers won't find loop holes in any new set-up, to continue to allow under qualified folk into the industry?? No chance!! Far too interested in £££££'s to ever let that happen!! lol!!!

Hi PencilPusher

Thanks for the reply and confirmation.

I would have expected this to be in the 'Hot Off The Press' news section on the main page of Elecsa's website but it's just old articles from last year

Kind regards

Another shambles for the industry to cope with.

They couldn't organise a pxss up in a brewery

Oh yes they could

They are that morally corrupt and adept at gathering monies off whoever wants to give

They would organise that brewery party,charge an entrance fee,the invitations would include the teetotal, the religious abstainers,members of alcoholics anonymous and any other non drinking type that they can abstract the readies from

They would most likely also do a sideline in Alka seltzer tablets,

The problem we have. is that neither C&G or EAL, the awarding bodies have not yet invented the qualification, or at least not finalised it. I did see some provisional NVQ3 units last year, but it seems to have gone quiet. I agree with Murdoch fully.

Cheers.............Howard

The problem we have. is that neither C&G or EAL, the awarding bodies have not yet invented the qualification, or at least not finalised it. I did see some provisional NVQ3 units last year, but it seems to have gone quiet. I agree with Murdoch fully.

Cheers.............Howard

So whats tha latest on the Part P changes for England then - 3rd party sign off??

Hi everybody

I contacted Elecsa in January this year and was told that to register for Part P, I would need to be competent in inspection and testing and hold the 17th edition 2382-12 qualification (approx £450) before April 2013 but in addition would also need a calibrated meter (approx £400), liability insurance at £250, books at approx £100, registration and membership with Elecsa (£400 per year)......
if money is tight:
17th edition 2382-12 qualification - £150 exam only
calibrated meter (approx £400) - £120 for a second hand that works, £50 calibration. you will need a tester anyway if you want to be electrician :)
liability insurance at £250 - is not that bad, half of that, have a look around.
books at approx £100 - you will need 17th edition green book and OSG anyway...

yeah i would find somewhere were you can do the C&G 2382-12 exam

Visit amazon and purchase a copy of 2382-12 exam success book
read that and practice the sample papers in it
get copies of Green On site guide and green BS7671

read through over and over getting used to were things are ie the different parts and sections and off you go for the exam
if it helps highlight key sections and regulations

C&G are a complete waste of time, in the time i was getting my quals they have changed there minds nemerous times over which qual is ending , what its being replaced with and who is eligible to enrol for them and when you get there they arent much use anyway you could basically teach yourself better
college and these private courses are just out for ripping people off for there hard EARNED MONEY AND GIVE VERY LITTLE IN RETURN there teaching methods leave something to be desired

the old apprenticeships were far more in depth and superior to what they deliver now

I ended up doing the NVQ as like you heard without it wouldnt get the JIB card or QS status
so enrolled for lV3 2330 at college and NVQlv3 private
the college course was worse than some of the private courses i have done we had multiple different tutors so like when i did my 2391 i just studied myself at home and when the exams came got the highest marks in all and flew through them
the NVQ is differnet beast and takes a lot of patience and time to complete
try to get enrolled for a NVQ the 2356 should have ended by now but you should be able to cross match your 2330 over to the new 2357 and jsut do the NVQ part of it ask your tutor about whats is available

good luck mate

yeah i would find somewhere were you can do the C&G 2382-12 exam

the college course was worse than some of the private courses i have done we had multiple different tutors so like when i did my 2391 i just studied myself at home and when the exams came got the highest marks in all and flew through them

hi i have passed my 2391 as well, but was told i couldnt obtain the marks, how did you get information that you had got the highest marks ????? just curious, if there was a way to get my 2391 paper marks ??

No mate sorry not for the 2391 as no one gets the results of that exam i was referring to the other courses i have done sorry mate missed that bit out in my post the way i have worded it does imply I got the highest in 2391

and as you know no one knows all i know is 39% passed and 4 of us out the 10 passed first time

the best you can do is try to Remember the questions or have samples of the questions if you know what i mean! and go through them yourself and mark it ruthless and then fairly then average of the 2 is how i worked out how well or not I had done

sorry again mate for the confusion

Hello all, time for a rant! This part p affair is seriously doing my head in! We sparky's shouldn't be worrying about weather we have this fee or that fee! We need to be on site working, wot a mess this has become> I've read so many posts lately about changes to this and that, can we sign off others people's work or not? If this is how our livelihood is going to be it might be best to get out of this game why u still can. PLEASE, can someone help me out on this? I know i'm not alone! !!!!!!

I'm not at all interested in ever joining one of these daft schemes as it isn't the type of work I do. A JIB graded Electrician without any Part P rubbish cannot do works in someones house! Its a joke! I'd trust one of them over a DI!

Reply to Elecsa - Part P April 2013 deadline postponed? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock