Discuss Elecsa public liability dilio! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Proper Job

Hi everyone
I was thinking of joining either elecsa or napit .... £372 and £472 first annual fee then roughly the same every year afterwards.but what is strange is the public liability thing
with napit it roughly cost £175 per year where as with elecsa they say that all you have to do is sign up with them but the client would have to pay for the public liability at each job!
They said that it is optional but more than not the client does not pay for it.
now if I was the client it would sound a bit off putting . Does any one else do this and does it work. And what is all of this insurance for!

public liability you have to pay and you can google many insurance companies online to get the cheapest quote.2 million pounds insurance is about 80 quid if sole traider.

Warranty schemes are not public liability they are a guarantee that your work will be OK or be repaired.

The Elecsa warranty that the customer pays for (if they want to) only warrants that if there is a problem with your electrical work to which Part P applies they can have it repaired under the warranty.
It is not public liability insurance.

You would need to get your own PL insurance for your work.

I do not know about the Napit plan but the £175 may be either for your own PL insurance or may be for a Part P warranty, Napit can arrange insurance for many things so it could be anything.

I would read the information supplied in more detail, checking which is insurance and which is warranty.

Reply to Elecsa public liability dilio! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock