Discuss Electric car battery 200 miles with 6 mins charge time in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

and there are alien bodies stored in area 51.

aliens built the pyramids.

the moon is not made of cheese.

smoking cures cancer.

and there are alien bodies stored in area 51.

aliens built the pyramids.

the moon is not made of cheese.

smoking cures cancer.

Battery technology is developing at a fierce rate. The current Tesla model S can already charge to 50% in 20 minutes and 100% in 75 minutes using a Tesla supercharger. That gives about a 250 mile maximum range at 100% charge.

might be the future when the price comes down.

a bit like computers. in the early 80's a commodore 64 ( that's 64k ram) was 2 week's wages. now a pc with 5 gig. ram costs less than a night out on the beer.

might be the future when the price comes down.

a bit like computers. in the early 80's a commodore 64 ( that's 64k ram) was 2 week's wages. now a pc with 5 gig. ram costs less than a night out on the beer.

Exactly :D

Electric car battery 200 miles with 6 mins charge time {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I was a bit sceptical of battery cars a few years back, but I'm now convinced they will be the majority of private vehicles in 20 years time.

I think the vid says 300mile range charge in 5mins. And since it takes "a certain amount" of energy to move a car 300miles, I'm going to assume the new 300mile battery stores "a certain amount" being 50kWh. Does that seem fair? If we had 10 hours to charge it would be at 5kW or about 21A continuously. So a 6mm cable and 32A mcb would do that job, and some. But if you wanted to charge this 50kWh battery in 5 minutes, that'd be a mild mannered 2,500A !!!

I'm happy to hear if I've misunderstood :)

Some of the battery,or more accurately,power storage,is fantastic,and the drive systems are space-age...it is making these technologies affordable,which is the tricky part.
Making their production and de-commissioning,energy efficient and pollution-free,is where the most vocal proponents of these schemes,go all silent.

I remain,and have always been,interested and enthusiastic,in all forms of sustainability,in energy,food and human resources,but...take a common wind turbine...

It's energy output,over it's lifetime,is a statement of fact.We have built them for 50 years.

The cost and energy expenditure,in the production of the concrete,copper,steel,magnets,etc in the construction,maintenance,transport and infrastructure. Not forgetting,the pollution expended during every stage of those tasks,is another fact.

Those who laud one,whilst belittling the other,will never command either my respect,or attention.

This is the reason that many,many salesfolk,have endeavoured to sign me up,to their various nefarious,PV panel contracts,and realised the dead horse,they were flogging :)

One animated and exuberant fellow,got nearly to the end of his pitch,and said i could not say no,as the price of these panels were so low,due to Chinese expertise,i asked if they were made in main-land China,he nodded,i asked him what new fuel,the power stations over there,were using to power such expansion,and he replied ..."Oh,s**t..i never thought of that..."

What happens when the battery degrades over time? Just an example but your phone battery won't run as long in 2 years as it does now, and how much will you have to spend to get a 3phase system in your house to charge your tesla? If possible at all? My diesel van engine won't loose charging capability over time and it doesn't require me to plug it in at my house and it can be filled up all over the country, not just as designated charge points. The mileage range is a lot longer too. The government are out of touch with reality if they think punishing diesel vehicles is going to punish the hard working men and women In the country for fuelling their vehicles they rely on to work. Unless of course someone comes up with a magical battery powered long range self charging solution with large engine torque capability.

Sorry for the rant!! Maybe not the time and place but that's my view on things!

I think as time goes on, they will refine the designs of batteries and chargers,
Thinks will get better, just give them some time
They have already come a long way in a short time.
But the good thing is when internal combustion engines and diesels eventually die out there will be a lot less pollution in the air, due to no exhaust fumes
And a lot less noise too.

and the biggest cause of global warming carries on regardless. cows will still fart. should we now phase out milk and beef. drinking soya milk and fake meat?

i know. somebody start work on building electric cows.

still got my commie :) and it works, I'm sure a lot of todays pc's wont in 30 years
Out of interest,are all the mileage quotes for electric cars based on summer use where the electric heater is not required?I would imagine mileage in winter would be much less.
Regards.

Reply to Electric car battery 200 miles with 6 mins charge time in the Green Energy Forums | Green Energy Hub area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock