Discuss Electric shower fail :( Gainsborough deluxe 10.5 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

th
no hot water thermal cut out have gone .
This is what happened to our shower got one from an online supplier ÂŁ10 or about bit fiddly changed it worked ever since. Don't forget to put the plughole in or cover up in case you drop the small nuts and screws.

This is what happened to our shower got one from an online supplier ÂŁ10 or about bit fiddly changed it worked ever since. Don't forget to put the plughole in or cover up in case you drop the small nuts and screws.
Thanks for the tip. Plug in place. Will test today, cheers

Dear all,
I put the continuity probes across the TCO and got a signal. So I guess it was OK. Since the TCO was wired in ( I can't get it out ) I'm not sure if it would have given me a false positive.

I mean to say, the TCO might actually be faulty but still giving me a positive reading. Stuffed if I know.

So I got a new shower engine ÂŁ80 from tradingdepot.co.uk. Cheapest I could find. Even eBay was ÂŁ95.

At least I won't need to drill any new holes. Should be a straight forward job.

When I swap them out, I might investigate the old one just for curiosity.

Cheers for all the advice.

Reply to Electric shower fail :( Gainsborough deluxe 10.5 in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon chaps, I have an Alpha E-Tec 33 combi boiler (with Google Nest 3rd Gen thermostat) that occasionally fails to put out hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was hoping for some advice. We have a microwave and recently after cleaning, as soon as the microwave was plugged in, a loud humming...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock