Discuss Electric Underfloor Heating Vs Water Pipe Underfloor Vs Central Heating in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys

In two minds about underfloor heating, am wondering what the advantages and disadvantes are with these types of heating. I´ve installed a few electric underfloor heating systems but only on a small scale. Never come across the water pipe underfloor heating, what do you guys think is the best to use. Lets say you´ve got an empty shell (house) to work on, would you install traditional radiators around the house? or underfloor heating throughout?? Pros n Cons please... cheers lukescotty

Have connected a number of wet systems, and they are terrific. Big concrete slab, insulation then pipes covered with a supaflow (or equiv) self levelling screed. Can then put any covering above. Large house I was working on had a mixture of ceramic tiles, wooden floor (on battens) and carpets and all rooms were heated.

Benefits (imo) are that the heat just seems so even( radiant). Each room should be on its own pipe loop controlled by its own stat so each room can be controlled individually. Downside can be that as you are heating a big slab then control is not immediate - takes a while to heat up, conversely cool down. All easily controlled with the correct timeclocks & stats obviously.

No radiators taking up wall space.

Dont know if this helps

Iain

Reply to Electric Underfloor Heating Vs Water Pipe Underfloor Vs Central Heating in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I'm installing a wet underfloor heating system in my own house. What would you recommend as the best smart control system? I can hardwire...
Replies
Views
Hi all, taken on a new build project and they have quite a large property with three separate manifolds. I have wired before with one manifold but...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I was wondering if any of you nice chaps could lend me some advice. So I have an open vented heating system with a 3 port valve...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is a bit complicated. We installed two separate underfloor heating system in our downstairs area. One at 240V and according to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock