• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Electrical Adult Trainee Liverpool and North West in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hello,

I am really keen on getting some training whilst I am waiting to study my Level 2 course at college. I have enrolled on a PAT Tester course in February.

I have my own car, plus I am immediately available for work. I’ve got 7 GCSE C a HND in Computer Science and also a BSc(Hons) in Computer Science. I am also experience in websites and marketing so I could help in some way there to if needed.

Thanks,

Rob

I have looked at a change in career, due to being made redundant, I just wanted a change. I have looked into college courses, and I have applied to do a pat testing course. I thought that it is a least a start. I know a lot of people who have more experience that myself have also been made redundant in the same field.

I know what you mean and fair play to you, I think pat testing will drive you insane though, to earn them qualifications you're clearly an intelligent person, I'm probably in comparison not, and I can't stand it.

My advice if you do want to do pat testing would maybe try get some of your own work in, you'll make more money that way (in theory) and at least you can think every item, the money is yours.

I've done it for myself and for a company I used to work for, and it was soul destroying doing it for someone else.

If you have experience with websites, get one set up for pat testing, and abit of SEO and AdWords maybe, should see you get a couple of jobs a week.

Get a Google maps listing too, as that tends to come up before actual website listings.

I'd do this now rather than after your course as it will take a month or so before Google starts showing your listing anyway.

All the best!

I am planning on doing a Level 2 course at a company in Liverpool called In Phase, they have good reviews and I’ve spoken to a few electricians. It means I can do it in the evening, then still do some freelance work to tidy me over. Then I think once I’ve done the Level 2 and PAT testing I could look into options. Or even do the Level 3 course.

I have looked at a change in career, due to being made redundant, I just wanted a change. I have looked into college courses, and I have applied to do a pat testing course. I thought that it is a least a start. I know a lot of people who have more experience that myself have also been made redundant in the same field.
If your intention is to go the PA Testing route, then I would suggest, (not my choice of careers) you will need decent back up, a good reliable tester, the CoP ISITEE the right paperwork, good customer base, and some anti depressants, because its the most soul destroying job I can think of. Oh and just read and inwardly digest the CoP the course is a waste of time and Money.

Thanks Pete. The only way I will find out is by doing the course. I am seeing what the PAT testing course is like first, then if I like it I will do the Level 2 and 3 course.

Thanks Pete. The only way I will find out is by doing the course. I am seeing what the PAT testing course is like first, then if I like it I will do the Level 2 and 3 course.
It will give you the wrong impression mate, give the PAT course a miss, it's like the 17th a lesson in how to navigate a book

I might just do that Pete. I’ve looked at a Level 2 and 3 in an evening course which is £3828. Which is cheaper than the college as both of them are £4772. But the evening course said I need to do an NVQ which is a grand. Both are around the same in terms of number of months.

No sorry the PAT Testing is £300. The Level 2 and 3 is £4k. I am starting a new job in the New Year, but I am still intending on doing the courses. This is the company: In Phase Training Ltd - Electrical Courses - http://www.inphaseltd.co.uk/content/Course_17.php

Its the only one really I can find that does evening courses, as I would have to give up my job in order to go to College (which I dont want to) Unless anyone else can recommend any other places that does evening courses that are not that far.

I witnessed PAT testing , and am usually curious.
( Forewarned - I saw the paperwork commitment + Missing item
inventory issues ..In house its a pain )
-- Conscientious Inspector-- Keeping others safe ..while you care..
Unlike a cat , kept my distance .
( Spent years looking for loose screws on mobile Disco gear - no More ... or I'll need the funny farm )
( ... 1 beer tonight /need more practice ! ..)

I may give the pat testing course a miss, but I’ve decided to put my name down for the Level 2 and 3 course. They also mentioned that I neeed to do an NVQ and AM2?

I may give the pat testing course a miss, but I’ve decided to put my name down for the Level 2 and 3 course. They also mentioned that I neeed to do an NVQ and AM2?
the am2 and nvq3 are follow ons after level 3. you need to be in employment within the industry to do the am2 and nvq,

Reply to Electrical Adult Trainee Liverpool and North West in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock