Discuss Electrical and Electrical HND transferable skills? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
*Electrical and Electronic (apologies for the mispelt title)

Hi guys,

Might seem a bit of a strange question... I'm currently just in the final few months of my Electrical and Electronic HND. I've recently been helping my mate doing a house re-wire and really enjoy that side of things. If I did want to go down that route, would I need to do a full 3 year apprenticeship? I'm very good friends with the Electrical Installation lecturer at my college so wanted to know the ins and outs before I ask him if there is any specific courses available.

Thanks.

The college will probably let you skip the more basic electrical theory parts of the course, but you'll need to speak to the lecturers.
If you want a JIB gold card then you'll still need to satisfy their qualification and experience requirements, most often for an Installation Electrician with a C&g 2365 lv3 theory qualification , AM2 and an NVQ lv3 or the c&g 2357 NVQ lv 3.
There are other qualifications for Electrical Maintenance and other aspects of the electrical industry.

There could be some transferable knowledge but as above you'l still have to do the apprenticeship and get he required qualifications there is no quick and easy way to be a fully qualified electrician. Or there is the domestic installer, which personally I feel isn't worth the paper it' written on.

Reply to Electrical and Electrical HND transferable skills? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm 24 and looking for a career change into the electrical industry. Could anyone advise me on the practicality of undertaking a fast track level...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes! I'm over 50 and not working at the moment (semi retired) but I'd like to get...
Replies
Views
I am currently employed by the RAF as an Electrical Engineer/Technician, but I'm interested in going down the route of a domestic electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Fairly new to the forum I think I'm in the right thread. I'm hoping to get some advice. I originally served my apprenticeship as...
Replies
Views
Just joined this forum as read a few of the threads and hoping for some help. I've recently enquired about doing an electrical course, however due...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock