Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Electrical certification Software in the Commercial Electrical Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Upton Sparks

Upton Sparks Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Kilowatt Electricals Ltd
    Gents

I'm Got my NAPIT Desktop 5 software for electronic certification up for its renewal next month and I'm not overly happy with it. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on alternative software products out there they have used and would recommend? Which are good to use, user friendly and most importantly! good on price.

I've used Amtech and the NICEIC software in the past.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks

Kirk

2. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    How did you find the Amtech ?

3. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Tysoft easycert

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I use PIRform, now known as Shineforms ....

5. billy10

billy10 Active EF Member

Another vote for tysoft easycert, email support is spot on if you have questions too

• Like Like x 1
  6. Upton Sparks

Upton Sparks Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Kilowatt Electricals Ltd
    Amtech was So- So it was good in some respect which allowed a lot of freedom in putting LIM's in boxes and help out with a lot of useful drop down boxes the thing which bug me the most was draft printing on blank paper would just be the fields you've entered, so I would have a load of blank photo copied certs I would use to print a draft off, bit of a palavor , but it proved to be a nightmare for the IT department in backing up to the server for the Workstation the software was on if I remember correctly not that that's an issue for me .

Tysoft easy cert, thank I'll check it out.

7. Flanders

Flanders Regular EF Member

Just to add with easy cert you don't have to renew it every year unless you require the latest updates and the online support

8. Andy C

Andy C Local boat transport

Business Name:
    A.C.Electrics
    I believe Tysoft won't work on a Macbook or Mac PC so does anyone know good certification software that will work with a Mac?

Thanks

9. bigspark17

bigspark17 Electrician's Arms

Tysoft easycert.. great software and a few tricks to speed things up dont go a miss :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. robo83

robo83 Regular EF Member

EasyCert

I renew the membership each year, to continue support of the app and ensure certs are backed up on their servers.

Also great support, a believe a few more features are being added. Onedrive, gdrive etc

11. Leyland30

Leyland30 MIET (Views provided for information only)

Business Name:
    Commercial M and E contractor
    Amtech is now owned and supported by Trimble who have recently overhauled it in line with there updated pro design software. I understand it's the market leader but the recent updates haven't been kind. If you've not used amtech for a while then you will notice significant user interface changes. Hopefully the bugs will be quickly sorted out and normality returned. This said, trimble support (if you pay for it) is available.
    If your only using the software to generate certificates then you might be better sticking with a smaller dedicated package, like those mentioned by others.