Discuss Electrical connection to shed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ranger

-
Reaction score
This is possibly quite simple. I am not an electrician but am good at digging holes, I need electric running to my shed so I can put a freezer in it, how deep should the trench be (I am guessing 2 spits depth) so I can cut the most labour intensive part of the job as much as possible.

Everything else will be left to the electrician as my knowledge is rudimentary at best!

Depends where you are installing it if under a driveway, path or flower bed.

Two spades depth is reasonable when considering someone digging for their spuds,underneath a driveway where vehicles may pass would need to be protected against things like the crushing effect

As stated above,different requirements are needed for different conditions,there is no set advise
Its not just a trench,a layer of sand to stop stones puncturing the armouring and warning tape above the cable layer

All the above is right but I always ask for a 500mm trench to be dug I'll do the rest

I helped dig one 65m long last year, by hand, I still whinge about it as you can see. Now I am very happy to have owner dig to my spec :) .

Reply to Electrical connection to shed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
I've wired some cable to a small 3x3 shed with 2 gpos, a 15a GPO, and a light. The shed is about 2m away from the house on a concrete slab. The...
Replies
Views
I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock