Discuss Electrical Danger notices in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Seen these being mentioned a few times in posts and i would like to get others views on when to issue one.
I'm with NIC and I am only aware of what I have been told by my Inspector the the times to be issued but I keep hearing of them being done for minor things that at best would only be a C2 on an inspection, I know we work in a H&S culture and people want to cover themselves but as I understand these must only be used if there is a real danger to life or fire.
What are your views and what have you done one for ?

Only time i will issue them is where there is a real danger present that cannot be easily rectified without major rewiring or repairs , or if the customer is unwilling to carry out remidials where C1 are present issuing the on a C2 i would not do as its potentially dangerouse only where danger is present

Waste of time, customers dont give a monkeys about electrical installations.

Although hang on, gas cooker? Woooaaaaahhhhhh call a gas engineer.

All you can do is advise them.

as I understand these must only be used if there is a real danger to life or fire.
What are your views and what have you done one for ?

Absolutely agree, with the addition that it should be an immediate danger. If it's anything else then you should issue a "potential danger' notice, or perhaps a 'take care' notice? Maybe an 'it might be a little risky in the event of a one armed trapeeze artist standing on the cable while juggling daggers in the rain' certificate.

A little flippant perhaps, but a snow storm of paper is no substitute for a little common sense.

Reply to Electrical Danger notices in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net