Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Electrical Danger notices in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. needasparks

needasparks Electrician's Arms

Seen these being mentioned a few times in posts and i would like to get others views on when to issue one.
    I'm with NIC and I am only aware of what I have been told by my Inspector the the times to be issued but I keep hearing of them being done for minor things that at best would only be a C2 on an inspection, I know we work in a H&S culture and people want to cover themselves but as I understand these must only be used if there is a real danger to life or fire.
    What are your views and what have you done one for ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. nickblake

nickblake Trusted Advisor

Only time i will issue them is where there is a real danger present that cannot be easily rectified without major rewiring or repairs , or if the customer is unwilling to carry out remidials where C1 are present issuing the on a C2 i would not do as its potentially dangerouse only where danger is present

3. londonlec

londonlec Regular EF Member

Waste of time, customers dont give a monkeys about electrical installations.

Although hang on, gas cooker? Woooaaaaahhhhhh call a gas engineer.

All you can do is advise them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. imago

imago Electrician's Arms

Absolutely agree, with the addition that it should be an immediate danger. If it's anything else then you should issue a "potential danger' notice, or perhaps a 'take care' notice? Maybe an 'it might be a little risky in the event of a one armed trapeeze artist standing on the cable while juggling daggers in the rain' certificate.

A little flippant perhaps, but a snow storm of paper is no substitute for a little common sense.

• Like Like x 3
  5. needasparks

needasparks Electrician's Arms

Love it imago, could not have said it better. Glad i'm not alone on this. but don't think that last one has the ring to it in its name.:)