Discuss Electrical Design Office in UK in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ruhi_

-
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am working in an electro-mechanical company, which has carried out several underground, mall, air port and hotel projects in the middle east region.
My company wants to open an electrical design office in UK, in order to participate future civil engineering projects. However, we are lack of knowledge about the procedure.
I want you to direct us with your precious experience regarding to our purpose. Following topics would be good starting points to discuss.
  • Necessary Certificates
  • Necesary Competences
  • Where to Apply?
  • How often we can apply?
Thanks for your answers, regards.

Hi and welcome, - hopefully someone will be along to answer your question soon :)

I am sure someone may be able to help you a little bit :)

Welcome, this Forum consist of mainly Electricians of all sorts Domestic, commercial and industrial, as well as trainees and Some DIY people hoping to pick up some useful information.
In order for people to give the right information to you we will need to know your aspirations, qualification and experience, what sort of work do you want to gain information about, your profile has you listed as an Electrical designer, I guess that would be in the area of the work described in your original post, are you intending to carry on with that area, or diversify into another branch of our industry?

don't think you'll find a sensible answer here. it's more to do with business than electrical work. government will probably be involved also.

First of all, thanks for your replies. I am working in an electro-mechanical undertaking company. We are involved in civil sector, especially in mall and underground projects. We draw shop drawings for sites, undertake and do commisioning all electrical and mechanical works those type of projects.
I want to know, what should we have, in order to open a design office for supporting our tender department in United Kingdom? (You can find headers from the first comment) I believe, any help from individual electrical engineers, who carry on their own job in that region may help.
Thanks for your interest, regards

Reply to Electrical Design Office in UK in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net