Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss electrical diversity in commercail buildings in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. djlander

djlander EF Member

hi guys

just a quick question

what diversity rules do you normally put to a commercial building, it will have offices with IT equipment, laundry room, kitchen etc

thanks

2. djlander

djlander EF Member

don't worry sorted it now, did not have my OSG or regs to hand but do now! :blush5:

3. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

The diversity factors found in these 2 publications won't give you anywhere near a realistic result. They are only rough guides. Same with the maximum demand factors...

Realistic results only really come from experience, be it for domestic, commercial or industrial installations...

• Like Like x 1
  4. malcolmsanford

malcolmsanford Trusted Advisor

I would not use the OSG for this to be honest, especially as it is commercial.

I would add the protection devices up and use the factor *0.6 and get my figure from that.

I've attached a DNO guide they use. Personally for me they seem to go inverse commercial 0.8 and industrial 0.5, I would go the other way, as I found that industrial would be working to a fuller capacity

View attachment Guidelines_network_design.pdf

5. T&Earth

T&Earth Regular EF Member

Hi Malcolm

Thanks for great post, very useful PDF attached.

Thanks
    Steve