Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Electrical Fires in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. nickblake

nickblake Trusted Advisor

Is it me or is there more electrical fires recently , 2 that i know of on Anglesey 1 in betws y coed and 2 in llandudno one of which was this week all starting with electrical faults and sadley the one this week in llandudno although 3 were rescued the elderly lady died and the man with learning difficulties is still in intensive care its sad , how can we make people more aware

2. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

i do believe its the people who dont give too hoots, i do work for a dude and in his cafe big scortch marks up the wall, i asked him what went wrong and he said it was the outside lights, that were not there anymore and not isolated...

no one gets the message with electrical as there is no message really there

3. parker56

parker56 Guest

come close the other day on a diesel pump motor.jpg motor 1.jpg

4. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

this is for expierienced one, new to me

i got asked to replace fan in a flat other day by landlord , said no problem, so when got home from work went up and had seen the fan is inside the shower cubicle(the fan is ipx4 but less than 2m high) and stuck to wall with ssilicone,

took off the cover and could see straight away that the neutral was in the permanent live terminal or switched live terminal anyway turned off lights and tested the voltage and swapped connection and fixed this to wall with screws

can any of you shed any fault with the neutral being in wrong terminal

5. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

except the fact it was the conductor that would of been broken..

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    wrongly wired and stuck on with silicon. don't need hercule poirot to deduce that it was probably the builder dunnit.

7. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

well iwas going to xharge him £15 quid but it is upto £30 now

there is no rcd's on the lighting, what do you think about the the fan being inside the cubicle..

to be honest i told guy too pull the fuse while i got my drill to fix it to wall and he actualy turned off lights at switches in the whole flat and i did get a buzz

8. Dave 85

Dave 85 Guest

Only one preson is at fault here dude

9. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

ah me...moi... this one