Discuss Electrical heating system Query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello!!

I am writing here to ask if anyone can help me with an issue I am facing. In the apartment I live in, I have Applimo electric radiators mounted into the walls and a radiator in the bathroom. There is also a Sunvic thermostat (old one, not digital) mounted onto the wall in the living room. They all seem to be connected to a small program panel installed where the circuit switches are. It appears that by looking at the screen of this control panel it is somehow stuck in programming mode and I can not get the heating running. I do not have any manual and am struggling to find such.

Do keep in mind that the fuses in the panels next to the radiators have all been replaced with new working ones, so this was obviously not the issue.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to get the system running?

Any help is much appreciated!

bHSatA
nNdR0q
mWFH6V
mubULq

Hello!!

I am writing here to ask if anyone can help me with an issue I am facing. In the apartment I live in, I have Applimo electric radiators mounted into the walls and a radiator in the bathroom. There is also a Sunvic thermostat (old one, not digital) mounted onto the wall in the living room. They all seem to be connected to a small program panel installed where the circuit switches are. It appears that by looking at the screen of this control panel it is somehow stuck in programming mode and I can not get the heating running. I do not have any manual and am struggling to find such.

Do keep in mind that the fuses in the panels next to the radiators have all been replaced with new working ones, so this was obviously not the issue.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to get the system running?

Any help is much appreciated!

bHSatA
nNdR0q
mWFH6V
mubULq
Are you the owner, or are you renting the apartment in question? Forgive the questions, but if it's rental you should contact your Landlord.

It is a legitimate question yes. I am the owner :/ and I decided it was worth the shot to try and fix it before I call an electrician.
Have you tried to look on the internet for a service manual for your heater? if you can find details of the control panel, post it up and I'ii have a look to see if I can Google the manual. Don't go poking around inside any of the equipment yourself.

I have tried to look up a manual, but no luck unfortunately. Th thing is that I can not find a single sticker on any of the heaters with the exact model of it. It only has the brand on the front which is Applimo. And the control panel itself has no signs whatsoever :/ the circuit box has a label which says Crabtree loadstar and a serial number (CAT. NO. NSPE - 3494) and right next to the control panel which is fixed inside the circuit box is stated “Crabtree CEICON CIK40-40”.

I believe though that these have nothing to do with the control itself

If you scroll down this link, there is what looks like a link for customer care inquiries, if they can't help over the phone, they may be able to suggest a local supplier/engineer that you could contact, rather than calling an Electrician who may not be conversant with these heaters and controllers, good luck.

I've been trying to find information about that timer module. If it's stuck in programming mode that may be the only issue.

I'm not overly keen on suggesting random pressing of buttons, but does the module do anything when you press the PROG button?

Are there any makers marks on it, I tried zooming in on the photo but couldn't see any. Any chance of a close up of the timer?

No markings anywhere to be found :/ and no reset button... I can not, for the love of me, figure out a reset combination of buttons. Nothing happens when I press or hold the program button. When I press the right button on the lower row it changes the digits - goes as far as 45 and then comes back to 01 but nothing else. And while doing this nothing else seems to happen when I press any of the buttons.42880032-2739-41A5-8BD0-F4BE8F3240B7.jpeg

I don't think turning the power off will help as from what I've gleaned so far, I believe it has an internal backup mechanism that should maintain the clock etc. for 150 hours.

FYI the control module looks to be just a standard DIN mounted programmable time switch. I would have thought this would switch in the contactor to the left of it which is basically the switch for the heaters. It probably isn't manufactured by the same company as the heaters but could be worth a try. It also isn't anything to do with the consumer unit in which it is installed.

If you can't get that one to work it shouldnt be a major job to replace.

From the looks of it the 302/TD1 is still a current model, and with the 18th just around the corner, would probably be a good idea to stick with Crabtree parts.

Reply to Electrical heating system Query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net