Discuss Electricfix in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rappid

-
Reaction score
Anybody have a Electricfix account??
Would I be right in saying that I will only get the Electricfix price if I go to a Electricfix trade counter and not at a screwfix counter.

As long as you have an electricfix account number, you can use it in either place.

Screwfix/electricfix is great if you want the stuff you need today tomorrow :smile5:Everytime I place an order there is something they dont have and have to get it in next day.

My account has now been changed to a electicfix account, brought a light fitting today and paid the screwfix price the electricfix price was cheaper even with the VAT added, only a quid or so difference so didn't bother querying after finishing the job.

Not only do you get Electrofix prices, you qualify for plumbfix prices aswell
Kingfisher in there wisdom only has one database for both trades
I know because I have been doing alot of plumbing at home during this quiet time.
In addition, if screwfix are out of stock...... which never happens !!
If B&Q stock it, they will price match, electrofix and plumbfix prices :)

Aren't they all the same company?
yes they are the same company,
but if you look at the screwfix prices and compare them to toolstation,
Toolstation tends to be a little cheaper.
so compare plumbfix/ electrofix to tool station.
the toolstation is a bit more expensive.

Screwfix and B&Q are all under the same company (kingfisher group)

I have also noticed that screwfix tend to run out of stock quite a bit, so if you can use the B&Q stock levels with the elctrronfix prices, then you are using there system against them.
it's also useful as there are no electrical wholesalers open on a sunday

sorry a typo

JIB Card
or
a member of one of the 3 part P notify bodies

I have been told that you can bluff them into giving you membership
I have a JIB card and a Napit member so I don't have to bluff anything

sorry a typo

JIB Card
or
a member of one of the 3 part P notify bodies

I have been told that you can bluff them into giving you membership
I have a JIB card and a Napit member so I don't have to bluff anything

never knew that tbh,shame some national suppliers dont do that,mind its a shame some national suppliers are not open on a sunday either,their missing out to diy stores..

you also need to be a scheme member to join, or you did

martin

If your in the yellow pages or if you have a website they will open account for you on the spot. Also I got told if I took my certificate in then they would open an account. The man was stood in the door begging for people to open an account. I still never did it lol

I've been doing some shopfitting over the last couple of years.
running out of FP200 gold on a friday afternoon, where else are you going to get sort of cable

in a similar way twin and earth cable,
at a similar price to your wholesaler on a Sunday afternoon.
all you have to do is ensure you get a current price list from electrofix

I had to supply them with copies of my quals to get an electricfix account.

A landlord I do work for also has an account though. And he couldn't wire a plug!

maybe he bought the branch manager a pint or two?
No branches here so all done through the interweb and phone calls. He hasn't sent off fake quals or anything, he phoned up and they gave him an account!

The phone call may have went along the lines of "I spent X thousand on electrical stuff each year, can I have an account?"

Reply to Electricfix in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock