Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Electrician Gloucester for lighting job in the Looking for Domestic Electricians? area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

Good afternoon all, I’m new to the forum and I’m NOT an electrician!

I’m in the process of renovating my poorly built house and I’m looking to sort out the lighting to the lounge. The ceiling is down. At the moment I have 2 pendant lights controlled by 2 switches which both switch the lounge lights on and off. What I want to do is add 3no downlights to the bay area along with 4 downlights to the main ceiling area as an addition to the pendants. I want to be able to, if possible, switch on all the lights together, the three bay spotlights on their own, the four ceiling spots on their own and the two pendants on their own. If that is not possible I’ll settle for all the spots on at once, the pendants on their own and the whole lot together. I’ve been looking at a 3 gang switch but looking at it now I may need a grid to get what I want. I also want to install the Aurora A One smart lighting system. Thanks in anticipation!!

Dave

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

You have a previous thread which is virtually word for word of this one. The advice then was to use the services of an electrician, the same will apply here as no one is going to provide a step by step guide for you to follow.

3. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

You are right but also mistaken, I’m LOOKING for someone to do the work and if you look at my thread it doesn’t ask for a wiring diagram. It’s also why it’s posted in the ‘Looking for Domestic Electricians’ section.

4. westward10

Apologies maybe someone will take your offer up.

5. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

No problem! I’ve tried locally but can’t even get a call back!! I thought I’d give it a shot on here like some of the members suggested. Fingers crossed.

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    good luck. a couple of members are in your area, but not sure if any are available for domestic work. stay on the forum. you might get lucky.

7. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Saw a thread earlier by @Kjb Electrical@Kjb Electrical wondering about increasing his workload based in Gloucester, maybe he can help? doesnt sound too complex, just needs planning properly and then testing afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wes1000

Wes1000 Regular EF Member

Would love to help but I’ve got work until late autumn. If you can wait until then I could have a look. I’m Worcestershire based.

9. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

Telectrix, Gavin, thanks for the input.

Wes, not in a major ball busting hurry but can’t wait that long unfortunately, wifey will go mental by then!

It’s less than a day’s work really, I can close up after first fix then leave the second fix for as long as I need to.

10. Wes1000

Wes1000 Regular EF Member

Ok no worries. I’m sure someone on here will be able to help. Maybe try @Kjb Electrical@Kjb Electrical as others have mentioned.

11. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

Just giving him a shout now.

Thanks very much all.

Dave

12. Kjb Electrical

Kjb Electrical EF Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

If I knew how or if I could get it to open I’d respond!!

Dave

14. westward10

If he has PM'd you there will be a red flag top right of this page by the envelope symbol, just tap/click on this to view and respond.

15. Davetona

Davetona EF Member

Got it, thanks Westward10. I think it was my phone signal rather than the website not functioning!!