Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Electrician pay - straw poll in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SolarRoofSols

SolarRoofSols Regular EF Member

We are revising at our hourly pay scale for our 17th edition electricians and wanted to gauge the current market rate.

A ball-park figure would be a help if you don't want to put the exact figure.

2. James Croxford

James Croxford EF Member

I work for an angency and Im on £12.40ph. Pretty poor if you ask me as Im an approved electrician

James

3. danzor

danzor Trusted Advisor

£18 an hour

4. johnboy6083

johnboy6083 Band Member Trusted Advisor

im an approved electrician, and im on £14.50 ph, with overtime rates at 1.5 for weekday/sat morning overtime, and x2 for sat afternoon and sunday. Im also supplied with a van, all PPE, testing eqt, drills ect. All i supply is myself and hand tools.

The above is across the board for the company i work for, and london rates are higher.

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    yeah. around £14/hour PAYE with vehicle and major tools supplied. self-employed , own van & all tools, £18 - £25/hour plus travel expense.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Earthstore

Earthstore Guest

Does it really matter what other electricians are earning?
    If your guy's are doing a good job for you and you are earning well from your jobs, so can afford to pay them a little more, then pay them.
    If on the other hand they are leaving and going elsewhere then you may not be paying them enough.
    Local market forces determine how much something costs, not a national poll.

• Like Like x 2
  7. moggy1968

moggy1968 Electrician's Arms

It depends where you are in the country, there are massive regional variations.
    Down here in the south you've got to be looking at 200-250 a day on solar if your subbing. Some of the figures above are for employed sparks which is very different to subbies.

Ultimately, as above, it depends what quality of people you want working for you and how much you value their ability. What value do they ad to your business?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. babba

babba Regular EF Member

I know one subbie who is on £850 for a 4KW system. He has to pay his roofer,own van, b&b if he has to travel and fuel.
    They can install a 4KW in one day and they are not sloppy, only cheat is they use click fit.

9. Dean Williams

Dean Williams Electrician's Arms

im an approved electrician working for a small company. i get 12.50 an hour

10. moggy1968

moggy1968 Electrician's Arms

thats as an employee, thats not the same as subbing. It's not clear form the original post if you mean emplyee electricians or subbies.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012