Discuss Electrician registered with the Schemes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Went around to an old ladies house this morning to do one of my volunteer jobs, put up a new shower head and associated bits and bobs, couldnt help but notice whilst I was drinking a well earned cuppa, that she had a new switch and a circular florrie tube, don't suppose you could put this new bulb in for me she said, well I thought about not supposed to do electrical jobs, because the Charity I was volunteering for had told me not to, apparently the Sparky that came to see the job said she needed a new switch as the existing 2 gang 2 way was U/S charged he £45 never swapped the switch, never got the light working, and that was that, light still not working cheeky sid, so I had a gander saw it was a 2way and couldnt find the other switch, found the switch behind the American Fridge Freezer she had just bought, the other 2 way was in mid position, moved the FF and light worked OK,didn't charge her she had been ripped off by the Sparky she called out, just wondered how he slept at night.

Some people have no morals mate.

Report him to trading standards
Beat me to it... trading standards dont like people having elderly people over and ripping them off, name and shame him to them and also let them know you have written to the local paper ... they will be keen to be seen as doing something. the fact he didnt it seems do any actual meaningful work and still charged her really grates on me...

Reply to Electrician registered with the Schemes in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

What can be worse than electrical installations on a farm, or in a pub?...... Chippys! Got a phone call from my local.... Lights and kitchen...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
This from a while ago but reading about everyone elses problems tonight made me remember this one. The original job was the lights in a recent...
Replies
Views
About a week ago when I turned on the bedroom light (loft conversion) there was a BANG from the light fitting right up in the vaulted ceiling...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock