Discuss Electricians Working Rights Initiative: Sign the petition in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Joshua

-
Arms
Reaction score
Sparks link : Electricians Working Rights Initiative - https://www.change.org/p/sparks-link-electricians-working-rights-initiative?recruiter=685093910&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Please can you take a minute to sign and share this petition.

It's been well known for years now that the Electrical industry has been in decline. Those of us working on construction sites are either forced to work under agencies or enrol with a payroll company.

This petition will hopefully gain some momentum and will force a change that will benefit everyone.

Privacy · Change.org
Politique d'utilisation des données - https://www.change.org/policies/privacy

The data is protected by Change.org, they're a well established petition website, I've copied the link in of their privacy policy should anyone want to read it.
I'm not the person who started the petition, I was asked to sign it and share with as many people as I can to get as many signatures as possible. I'll send the guy a message and ask what their plans are.

Hi bud,thanks for the reply,but you must understand,if you are encouraging people to put their signature to something,they need to know who is receiving it. If not,then we are all just joining a march,and next thing...we're halfway across Poland:)

Change.org appears to be an organisation which starts petitions most of which I suspect to be a complete waste of time. This petition needs 2500 signatures, what happens then and where does it go to?

Is the electrical in decline? Everything is subject to change due to technology and legislation. I agree that the labour market seems to be increasingly controlled by agencies but that's not specific to Electricians.

Yep,i didn't bother googling'...just smelt strange.

I suppose an American hosting site that gains it's revenue from advertising,would be the perfect vehicle,to further the work benefits,for a British tradesman :)

To the OP,don't take this as a slight on your certainly well meaning,altruism.

We used to think "Jim'll Fix it",was entertainment :(

Reply to Electricians Working Rights Initiative: Sign the petition in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock