Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss ElectriciansForums.co.uk Partner with Professional Electrician :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

I'm pleased to announce that ElectriciansForums.co.uk have partnered with Professional Electrician, the industry magazine for any serious electrician.You'll see some news posted to the forum via the @Professional Electrician@Professional Electrician account, and a banner on the forum linking to their website.

Please do get involved in discussing the news by way of replying to the threads. And show some interest in topics related to you or your kinda jobs.

If anybody has news they'd like to contribute to their or our website, contact them directly, and it'll then get posted to the forum indirectly via their website.

Huge thanks for PE for getting involved with us. It's a proud moment for me. :)

• Like Like x 14
  2. hightower

hightower Electrician's Arms

Well done Dan. I wish Professional Electrician did a digital copy of their mag as I only get a copy when I'm over the other side of the county.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan

I know in the tile industry the Tile and Stone Journal does a digital copy 1 month after the paper version. And their whole back catalogue is available. I guess it works for advertisers doing that. And also the readers. So perhaps put the suggestion forward to PE? The only reason I can see for not doing that is subscriptions may drop but they could perhaps do a login-type thing to get around that. TSJ don't though.

To be fair though mate, a lot of the good content appears to be on their website anyway. So just keep tabs on the forum feeds which will show you whats new on their site, and cherry pick the stuff you're interested in... maybe?

4. GMES

GMES Chief Gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

I'm sure PE do one as well, let me check it out.

5. GMES

Just checked my emails, it's a monthly Newsletter that they send me not a digital copy sorry HT although on the newsletter all the articles link back to their website.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Likewise Dan well done

• Like Like x 1
  7. hightower

hightower Electrician's Arms

I am signed up to the newsletter. Just like the magazine format, everything in one place in a nicely formatted publication. Just a shame it's not digital, can only help with pushing advertisements too the way I see it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GMES

Forgot to say, well done Dan:cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Yes indeed Dan, good move getting them on board.

10. Pro Electrician

Pro Electrician Sponsor

Dan - Keep up the good work on this Forum, it looks like an excellent community for Sparks.

At Professional Electrician & Installer we print over 71,000 copies every month and make it free and accessible via 1,900 leading electrical wholesalers.

We do have a fortnightly e-newsletter, but as pointed out earlier is is a snippet/overview of stories and not the whole magazine - Feel free to sign up and see what you think.

Our previous research showed that the majority of readers like the print version and that turning over 132 pages in a digital format would be quite 'clunky' and difficult to translate at that size and subsequently loose impact.

Readers tend to like the print version as they generally keep it in the van and can dip in and deep out at leisure. We understand that visiting a trade counter is a regular occurrence hence our exclusive route to market.

You can also follow us on Twitter @proelectrician - we have over 12,000 followers and often promote competitions on social media.

All the best for the festive period.

Anthony.

• Like Like x 4
  11. GMES

Thanks for the post Anthony.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Good move Dan well done :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dan

Thanks for the kind words but I'm afraid I can't take credit I'm simply the guy who makes the tea, sometimes pours the beers in the electricians Arms, and can often be found breaking forum things and attempting to fix them again!

The mods admins and members are the guys that make it run smooth thank God! Haha

• Like Like x 3
  14. KennyKen

KennyKen Electrician's Arms

Best Electrical forum on the internet. I've searched for others internationally and cannot find anything that's as detailed and progressive as this.. keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

M
    Merry Christmas KennyKen "Boil in the bag Sparkie" indeed

• Like Like x 1