Discuss Electricidy is like water in a pipe analogy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Barry White

Anyone remember this when you first started learning about electricidy? It did help and was a reasonable analogy as electrons do flow. Even Kirchoff used this analogy when he made his circuit laws.

Now lets turn it around! Plumbing is like electricidy in a wire. SO IF YOU GET WET YOUR DEAD:)

What can we learn from this???

Anyone remember this when you first started learning about electricidy? It did help and was a reasonable analogy as electrons do flow. Even Kirchoff used this analogy when he made his circuit laws.

Now lets turn it around! Plumbing is like electricidy in a wire. SO IF YOU GET WET YOUR DEAD:)

What can we learn from this???

Don't eat a chip muffin with pea wet and scraps whilst you're wiring something ?

What do we learn mykey ?
and are we talking about AC plumbing or DC plumbing.
And when you were taught about elastic trickery, did they mention ping pong balls in a pipe ?

It gets even more complicated as the "neutral" has to be a bigger bore.

did they mention ping pong balls in a pipe ?

They did

Thats the last thing you want in a pipe one had a tennis ball in my drain jetted it "clear" using a wander hose on a pressure washer but the ball rolled back (didnt know at the time) ended up digging up the drain.

What like this??

Yep, very similar to that when on DC and electronics !
AC, the analogy was ping pong balls !

I was given a book to read around the time ( which I still have ).
Electrical Engineers Reference Book, 11th Edition. ( older than me by the way).

If you look at the difference between that book and modern day text books, they are worlds apart. You needed a brain to read and understand it.
No offence to modern text books of course, they do make the subject a lot easier now.

However, I digress, getting back to mykey's lesson. What do we learn ?
( is this purified water in the cables ) ?

It gets even more complicated as the "neutral" has to be a bigger bore.

They did

Thats the last thing you want in a pipe one had a tennis ball in my drain jetted it "clear" using a wander hose on a pressure washer but the ball rolled back (didnt know at the time) ended up digging up the drain.

Funny.
I once had a ball of polystyrene in a gas pipe ( pilot tube).
Caused all kinds of probs. Couldn't work out why pilot lit and ran then just went out. Next time you lit it, same again. The polystyrene ball was floating up the pipe into pilot then once it did its job and blocked it, flame went out, gas flow stopped, ball rolled back down pipe.
Drove me mad trying to find answer to that one.

Reply to Electricidy is like water in a pipe analogy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock