Discuss Elios4you has stopped working in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

compmad1

Elios4you has stopped working. It was working a few daysago, but now it will not connect to any Android device I have tried – using Ice-CreamSandwich, Lollipop and Marshmallow.
I am using the latestAPP VERSION 2.6.3. I have tried to update to the latest firmware but get amessage ‘Update failed’. When I try toconnect to a device using my WiFi access point I get ‘Oops! No WiFi network wasfound for the specified code. Please try again.’ I am using the code I havealways used.
Has anybody else found a problem? Is it an app problem, or a faulty box which has the antenna and black button to press to connect to thedevice?
My installer purchased the device from Greenologic, who inthe past have not generally been helpful. This forum has been very good, and awhile back Greenologic had to replace a faulty Power Reducer after the problemwas diagnosed on this forum. Thanks for any advice.

if your post was in english we might have a clue. wtf is lolipop and mushmallow apart from something to lick?

if your post was in english we might have a clue. wtf is lolipop and mushmallow apart from something to lick?

Had to read your post a few times teletrix but knowing you it is not what was intended but it can come across a little abrupt and rude in the manner you posted, it lacks any 'lol' or emoticons to confirm it.

As far as I'm aware those 'candyfloss' wordings are the actual OS versions used to run the Androids like Windows XP or 10 etc.

Had to read your post a few times teletrix but knowing you it is not what was intended but it can come across a little abrupt and rude in the manner you posted, it lacks any 'lol' or emoticons to confirm it.

As far as I'm aware those 'candyfloss' wordings are the actual OS versions used to run the Androids like Windows XP or 10 etc.
sorry, mate. emoticons would have been added to post, but edit option is not there..

Last edited:
the code being asked for in this case I think is your wifi password to allow the ap to connect to the router to carry out the firmware update. This error message tends to happen when an update fails because the ap is connected to the elios in direct mode rather than via the wifi.

Hi, thanks for your help. During the Wizard Configuration it tells you enter the device recognition code that is printed on the device energy counter. I have attached a screenshot of that stage. I have used the relevant code using the app on various devices. After it recognises that number I think I used to put the wifi password in next. I’ve tried it in both indirect and direct modes. I get the same message.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 93
Can you start the pairing/setup process again from scratch, but select "direct mode" on the first page of the Android APP setup wizard? Then go through the motions of getting directly connected between phone and Elios and, after that is complete, then run the firmware update (assuming you have the latest version of the APP installed?). Once that is complete, then restart the wizard and select "router" (can't recall the exact wording) connection instead? Try removing your home WiFi SSID/network from your phone before you start the "router" pairing wizard though. You will need to re-scan and add it during the wizard I think, sorry I can't recall the exact details of the Android APP.

You can download a copy of the Elios4You APP Quick Guide from here if that helps.

Can you start the pairing/setup process again from scratch, but select "direct mode" on the first page of the Android APP setup wizard? Then go through the motions of getting directly connected between phone and Elios and, after that is complete, then run the firmware update (assuming you have the latest version of the APP installed?). Once that is complete, then restart the wizard and select "router" (can't recall the exact wording) connection instead? Try removing your home WiFi SSID/network from your phone before you start the "router" pairing wizard though. You will need to re-scan and add it during the wizard I think, sorry I can't recall the exact details of the Android APP.

You can download a copy of the Elios4You APP Quick Guide from here if that helps.

Hi, thanks so much for your advice and for the Elios4You APPQuick Guide, which is useful. I double checked and I am doing everythingcorrectly.
I have tried it in both direct and indirect mode but get thesame error message on both: ‘Oops! No WiFi network was found for the specifiedcode. Please try again.’
It seems like the 5 figure device recognition code is notworking. I have made very sure I have put in the code correctly.
I have the latest version of the app and I tried again todayon my Sony Xperia Z3 tablet. ( I have tried on various tablets and phones.)
Is it possible that the code has got corrupted somehow?Could I get a new code from Greenologic?
I’m at a loss what to try next.

Have you had a new router fitted recently? Has anything changed relating to your wifi network?

If nothing has changed then you will need to contact 4-Noks support in Italy. 4-Noks UK doesn't exist any more and Greenologic are a waste of space. If all else fails, talk to Wind & Sun.

Elios equipment has a 2yr warranty.

Have you had a new router fitted recently? Has anything changed relating to your wifi network?

If nothing has changed then you will need to contact 4-Noks support in Italy. 4-Noks UK doesn't exist any more and Greenologic are a waste of space. If all else fails, talk to Wind & Sun.

Elios equipment has a 2yr warranty.

No nothing has changed on our broadband.
On Sunday I emailed [email protected] and [email protected] both of whom I have corresponded withpreviously. No reply as yet. I agree Greenologic are a waste of time.
The system is out of warranty now, being installed the endof November 2013.
I’ll try to contact Wind & Sun and see what theysuggest.
What is your favoured energy monitoring system? We have gotthe Power Reducer for hot water as well. Would it be impractical/costly tochange it to another system? It seemed a good idea at the time, but with nosupport it’s hopeless.

Hi SibertSolar,
I have got Elio4You working in direct mode on an old tablet that I don’t use for anything else. An electrician doing a job for me tripped all the electrics in the house and when the power was back on I tried again toconnect and it worked. Never used it before in direct mode, but leaving it alone as it’s working now and I can see what’s going on. Thanks again for help and advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Andy,

I just updated the app, as offered when I logged in this morning (saturday 16th). Now everything is in ITALIAN!

any suggestions?

Learn Italian ? Get an Italian girlfriend ? :)

Having finally got the app working again, I have just realisedthat the water heater is set to ‘off’ instead of ‘auto’. I can’t work out howthe app changes it back to auto. Can you please advise? Thanks.

This might work:

Settings (3 x horizontal lines)

System Parameters.

Energy management.

Select United Kingdom. (It’s defaulted to Italy.)

This might work:
Settings (3 x horizontal lines)
System Parameters.
Energy management.
Select United Kingdom. (It’s defaulted to Italy.)

Hi, thanks for that but already been there, I have three options there:

1 - Italia

2 - Inglaterra

3 - Flat

Tried all three and am still getting Italian. Probably a bug in the latest update, hopefully somebody in touch with NOKS will mention it to them. I've sent one of those support messages but have done so in past and NEVER received or achieved anything as a result.

Reply to Elios4you has stopped working in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net