Discuss Emergency light in toilet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
The ladies toilet where I work had three lights off last week. I replaced the lamps in each fitting and two work but the last one didn't. It is an emergency light and is the last light on the circuit if that helps. I looked above the ceiling and they are all individually plugged in to a central power system which I've not seen before.

Any ideas of how to get this working appreciated

sounds like it may be a clik system. if so, watch out for the unsheilded terminals in the connection unit. they bite.
a pic of this would help.

It may be that the emergency light itself has failed. Is there a charging led alight on it? Does it go off with the fish key? So there should be a permanent live to it does that check out? Is it maintained or non-maintained?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. By 'central power system' do you mean a central battery in a remote plant room, or more of a marshalling box above the ceiling?

Any chance of any pictures?
... Of the lights I mean, you have to be careful when taking pictures in ladies' toilets :eek:

Is the box like this?

KLDS10%2010%20Way%20Klik%20LDS%20Marshalling%20Box-747x504_0.jpg

If so you just need to work out your switched live and permanent then unplug it and wire up the new light or change the ballast whatever you want to do.

If all the lights are out have you tried switching the test fish key? That would be my first suggestion.

If nothing happens after that, try changing the lamps (if they are changeable)

After that try changing starters (if they have them)

Then after that it may be ballasts/control gear.

Always try the obvious first

Reply to Emergency light in toilet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
I've been asked by a client to 'mask off' the green LED charging indictor lamps within several emergency lights fitted within bedrooms on a...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Can anyone recommend a reliable brand for emergency lighting bulkheads please? I have a job coming up to replace 30 odd units. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock