Discuss Emergency lighting faults in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leeobrien

Hi, first post, had a quick search, couldn't find my problem so here goes.....went to check on some failed em. lighting which had come up on a monthly test. Downlighters with 2x26w flourescent pl lamps in, 1x2 pin 1x4 pin connections...anyway someone had relamped both sides with 2 pin lamps, but they were working as normal(but not in emergency mode). When I changed the obviously wrong 2 pin for correct 4 pin lamps, they would not work as normal(but would work in emergency mode). inside the fitting there is a 26w wire wound ballast and an em.module(+battery etc). Anybody got any thoughts. Im thinking wrong lamps have damaged the em.module ?

somebody has removed a wire link from the emergency Ballast? if the lamps were changed to the wrong type they may have been forced to do this, the 4 pin lamp would have been the emergency one that got maintained, then swapped to two 2 pin lamps as probably all they had....check the connections then check the batteries to see if they are holding a charge with a multimeter, if not charged, redo the link wires, power on for a day then see if taking a charge,if not then new battery packs are about £10....will be in wholesalers shop in town...

Completely agree with grantr37.Also have a look what it says on the ballast if it is for 2x26W lamps or 2x18W lamps.Just because you removed 26W lamps no guarantee they should be.

Reply to Emergency lighting faults in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've been asked by a client to 'mask off' the green LED charging indictor lamps within several emergency lights fitted within bedrooms on a...
Replies
Views
Hello Forum! The building I maintain has some fluoro fixtures with battery backup ballasts. There is a 3-way switch at each end of the hallway...
Replies
Views
I’ve got bad ballasts and am replacing the T12 fluorescent bulbs with Halco direct wire, double ended T8 LEDs. The fixture has 4Rapid start bulbs...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been having some issues trying to fix a fluorescent light in the bathroom. Here's the steps I've taken so far after it suddenly...
Replies
Views
I want to operate 3 lighting set up using metal halide lamps for studio works or cinematic projects in the future. as of now i have got two...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock