Discuss Emergency Lighting testing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience in this?
Is it just a matter of pressing the test button in the Distribution board and seeing do they all come on or is there more to it?
I have to do up a quote for a rather large retail company here in Ireland who have almost 30 stores nationwide so it could be quite a big contract for me as it will be a thing to be done every year for this company
Any advice would be great

I'm replacing 6 emergency lights at the moment.

The recommended test procedure from BS5266 pt 7 is to fail the unswitched mains supply which should illuminate the lamp. Restoring the unswitched supply should restore the luminaire to its operational state ie lamp goes out and led is illuminated to show that the battery is charging.

The instructions which come with my emergency lights states that you should not carry out insulation tests with the emergency lights installed.

Not sure if there are any other tests to be perfromed as I don't have direct access to BS5266 but hope this helps

Reply to Emergency Lighting testing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views
A slight rant. Having just finished a spate of commercial EICRs I really can't understand why we tolerate these wretched things: 1 - I now expect...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock