Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Enclosure advice for external cables in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. bilbo_88

bilbo_88 Regular EF Member

Hi All

Have a friend who has had a CCTV system installed but they have installed cables on external wall which could quite easily be cut.

Put my foot in it and have said it should be in a conduit or it would be easy to vandalize. Guy who done it doesnt want to know. Now he's asked me if I could protect cables.

This is on the front of his house so is there anything on the market that could make it aesthetically pleasing and enclosed without me having to pull all cabling out (which would be impossible without damage internally)

Like some sort of snap on conduit or anything???

Any advice welcome

Cheers

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    whatever you did with the cables.the cameras could still be hit with a hammer.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

• Like Like x 2
  4. DPG

DPG Electrician's Arms

Presumably the cables are above the level of someone reaching them? If so then, by the time they have reached the cables to damage them, they could just smash the cameras or cover them up.

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    true, but they have just been recorded.