Discuss Endoscope camera attachments in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Graham Hyde

I used a endoscope camera today that a mate had, it plugs in the usb charging port on your smartphone. it is a great little tool and useful for inspecting inside walls and cable runs etc..
the camera head is only about 8 mm in diameter but has a little ring of leds to illuminate what is being looked at. the lead on this model was about 6 ft. but i gather you cna get much longer versions for a good price.
I have ordered one myself now a they are only £8 with free shipping. the one i have ordered has a hook attachment too. i also found ones with magnet attachments.
I see many uses for it. you can look inside walls, cavities and under floors etc.. without having to open them up too much and inspect various things. its much cheaper than a dedicated camera and for sake of just £8 i thought it a good investment for the tool kit.
Anybody else have or used one of these little bits of kit and have any advice to share?
i have put a link to the one i have ordered from ebay below**removed link**

Endoscope camera attachments Capture.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not what you want to hear but found the phone ones flaky and unreliable so bought a Stanley one from Screwfix. The phone ones are okay until you start pushing it in a hole and moving it about.

Stanley STHTO-77363 Inspection Camera - http://www.screwflix..com/p/stanley-sthto-77363-inspection-camera/9141h

I have the one above but only paid £69 for mine though on offer, the Stanley one is great for the money, got me out of a few holes!

Probably not what you want to hear but found the phone ones flaky and unreliable so bought a Stanley one from Screwfix. The phone ones are okay until you start pushing it in a hole and moving it about.

Stanley STHTO-77363 Inspection Camera - http://www.screwflix..com/p/stanley-sthto-77363-inspection-camera/9141h

I have the one above but only paid £69 for mine though on offer, the Stanley one is great for the money, got me out of a few holes!

I am not expecting great quality at that price tbh. i think i will probably at some stage get a decent one, but for less than a tenner and occasional use to look in walls and things i figured its worth a punt.

They are absolutely invaluable and a right nuisance at the same time.
The light tends to be only bright enough to illuminate just less than you need to identify what you are looking at!
However they have saved my bacon several times in finding lost cables.
I think a lot of people now just put a phone camera in the area and take a picture of what it can see. But this does require enough room for a phone, handy for looking round corners of cabinets.

I have a couple of VEHO units,they are really handy,but the camera heads need the sharp edge grinding off,as it rubs on my prostate...

I've got a camera one, and thought it was a great idea when I bought it. However, the lighting is poor as Richard said, but the biggest problem I found was getting orientated to what your viewing, i.e. what way up is the thing your looking at. Got to use less and less, practise makes perfect I suppose.

Anyhow, make several large holes in the plasterboard has the same effect. :)

Reply to Endoscope camera attachments in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock