Discuss Energy supplier refuses to restore power until inspected? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

LeighSawczyn

Dear experts,
I had a phone call from a landlord who wishes to let a studio flat out after it has been unoccupied for about a year. A prepayment meter is installed which has obviously ran out of credit and there is no power to the property. Apparently the energy company won't restore the power until the electrics have been tested. Is this something you have come across? How do I take a Ze reading with no supply? Do I use the "By enquiry" figure of 0.35 ohms for a T-N-CS supply? thanks in advance. Leigh.S. (www.LWS-Electrical.co.uk)

just do the dead tests and complete a cert.

That's weird, If that were me I would re energise the supply and fit an self connect meter, or 2 pole isolator, who is the supplier?.

They just want to know if it's safe to re-energise!! Rather than do that themselves, they prefer the customers representative to provide the proof!! Dead testing is all you need to check if an installation is safe to energise without an ensuing big bang!! That's all they want to know or are interested about!!

If they wanted to know the Ze they can do that themselves, not that that will tell them much about the state of the installation they are about to energise!! lol!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I use the app to post my questions but I can never find the blasted post again. I did all the dead tests and the landlord was very happy. SPotted a few items requiring attention for a small fee too.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I use the app to post my questions but I can never find the blasted post again. I did all the dead tests and the landlord was very happy. SPotted a few items requiring attention for a small fee too.

How to find posts.

If you click the "T" at the top left then on participated.

It will show all the threads you have posted in that have unread posts.

Reply to Energy supplier refuses to restore power until inspected? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock