• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss England Rugby Unionxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just recalled an article regarding Eddie Jones, it seems that Eddie was on the receiving end of some abuse whilst travelling on public transport, the abuse apparently stemmed fro the fact that England had lost the Cakcutta Cup Match last weekend, the loss was sad but it's a game and not the end of the world, well to me it was, as I love it when teams give the Jocks a bloody nose, sadly though it was not the case last Saturday, well done Sweaties.

What is even sadder is the abuse Eddie got from some morons on the train, which prompted Eddie to say he wouldnt travel by public transport again.
Eddie has done wonders for England rugby, and is by far the best coach around today, you only have to look at what he achieved when he coached the Japanese National Rugby team, an outstanding achievement, I for one wish Eddie all the best, a honest talented coach, and seems a good all round bloke, sad that some Cretins gave him a hard time for losing a game of Rugby, good luck Eddie.

I read somewhere that the England team coach got a fair amount of abuse from Scottish fans before the match as well. I understand that its a competitive game; never been to such a Rugby match before, but thought it was unlike Football and the related crowd issues.

Perhaps this sport is changing?

I read somewhere that the England team coach got a fair amount of abuse from Scottish fans before the match as well. I understand that its a competitive game; never been to such a Rugby match before, but thought it was unlike Football and the related crowd issues.

Perhaps this sport is changing?
For the worse, if things like this are a regular occurence.

I've been to many international rugby matches and never seen any trouble.
This year I was in Rome for the match, I bought my ticket through the Italian RFU site, no problem.
Fans mix before the match in the pubs, walk to the ground together and mix during and after the match, again in the pubs.
This was a few idiots, it was in England the next day and we don't even know if they were rugby fans (this incedent happened after a game of football in Manchester)

I thought the home fans were pretty poor at Murrayfield, too. At Twickenham, The Aviva and also the Principality, both home and away fans respect penalty/conversion kickers by remaining quiet - the loud boos at Murrayfield trying to put Farrell off were appalling. Perhaps the lack of respect stems solely from Scottish fans?

This said, Scotland played a blinder and thoroughly deserved the win. Just a pity their fans don't seem to respect the game.

scotland have won so many wooden spoons, they finally have enough wood to build a diy trophy display stand out of them all. so its only fair we let them have something to put on the stand after all the work they put into collecting them wooden spoons. the ones left over can be used on burns night for the torches....

I think its a case of a few morons mouthing away because someone is a notable person,in their feeble minds it becomes a pack baying fun thing to do

Eddie Jones is a high profile England manager, he seems to lack the understanding that there are all sorts in our society, a small percentage are these moron types

Travelling common class on public transport whilst being such a high profile person was a silly thing to do in the first instance

He is a fine coach but this episode puts a question mark on his decision making
Its just as well his decisions in the game don't reflect those he has made outside of the game

Pete, how very dare you!
Hi Middy, it's nothing personal honestly, I just happen to dissagree with your reasoning, I Just don't agree with you, if we all went around agreeing with verything we all said about anything, it would be a sorry state of afairs, for example I don't like the x when anyone disagrees with something someone says, it get my hackles up imediately, maybe I'm just a sentimental old git.

Hi Middy, it's nothing personal honestly, I just happen to dissagree with your reasoning, I Just don't agree with you, if we all went around agreeing with verything we all said about anything, it would be a sorry state of afairs, for example I don't like the x when anyone disagrees with something someone says, it get my hackles up imediately, maybe I'm just a sentimental old git.

Well I would disagree with you or might not, if I knew what you were disagreeing with :)

Well I would disagree with you or might not, if I knew what you were disagreeing with :)
100% the first paragraph 75% the second one, just because he (Eddie Jones) is high profile shouldn't prohibit him fro using public transport, far from it, I applaud him for doing so, it's the monority Cretins I feel should be castigated, mindless idiots. Don't feel there is any more milage in debating this, you know where I'm coming from, likewise, I know your thoughts. A disagreement ensues, no problem.

Last edited:
It was a great game.... although I am biased. I do object to the 'sweaty jocks' statements that are prolific on this forum.
We are not sweaty. Ok, maybe we don't spend any money on anti perspirant.... but the chilly wind up our kilts keeps things cool.;)

High profile peeps should use public transport, but they shouldn't be subjected to harassment just like any other person.
These moronic types should have been bred out of civilisation by now.

It was a great game.... although I am biased. I do object to the 'sweaty jocks' statements that are prolific on this forum.
We are not sweaty. Ok, maybe we don't spend any money on anti perspirant.... but the chilly wind up our kilts keeps things cool.;)

High profile peeps should use public transport, but they shouldn't be subjected to harassment just like any other person.
These moronic types should have been bred out of civilisation by now.
Think you may have got it wrong Littlesparks, the endearing term sweaty comes from "sweaty socks" jocks, same as many other terms that aren't meant to be confrontational, so don't take offence, cus none is intended.

100% the first paragraph 75% the second one, just because he (Eddie Jones) is high profile shouldn't prohibit him fro using public transport, far from it, I applaud him for doing so, it's the monority Cretins I feel should be castigated, mindless idiots. Don't feel there is any more milage in debating this, you know where I'm coming from, likewise, I know your thoughts. A disagreement ensues, no problem.

You misconstrued me; I didn't mean shouldn't use public transport, hell even the Queen does, just that his fee's means he can't fly around the place like Air Miles Andy & HRH Princess Hair Bun.

Still blame the (taxi) driver.

Reply to England Rugby Unionxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back