Discuss England vs All Blacks in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Former Sponsor TM

A treat for both Union and League fans tomorrow! I'm not too fussed about the league game personally, but I CANNOT wait for the union game!

Union fans - Thoughts on England's chances? If they played like their tour of NZ in June, I reckon we're in for a good game. New exciting team and all....

Although I rate Cipriani and Tuilagi, I don't think they're the be all and end all.

I'm worried about that new winger the All Blacks have bigger and faster than Lomu if you believe the hype

as an ethnic welshman, i have to support wales and whoever's playing against england. :21: except the french, of course.

haha. then again i'd aslways support leeds against man u. having said that, as a liverpool fan, i'd support islamabad against man u.

A treat for both Union and League fans tomorrow! I'm not too fussed about the league game personally, but I CANNOT wait for the union game!

Union fans - Thoughts on England's chances? If they played like their tour of NZ in June, I reckon we're in for a good game. New exciting team and all....

Although I rate Cipriani and Tuilagi, I don't think they're the be all and end all.
The game will either be very close or a bloody hard thrashing for England. We have a team that can beat the All Blacks but sometimes they just don't seem to turn up when NZ come to town.

NZ have such a strong team, they always have and probably always will, so all the furore over Julian Savea is a bit silly imo. If they base their game on getting the ball to him then he's going to be taking a lot of punishment, England will have learned from the Jonah Lomu fiasco in the 90s when he walked over both Underwood brothers and anyone else who wasn't scared of him. If he is NZ's entire game plan then they'll have shot themselves in the foot.
Somehow I doubt it though, considering the amount of unbelievably talented players they have. Their starting 15 is bloody terrifying. Then again, ours can be too

Just to widen things out a little. There have been calls recently for the Haka to be banned because it supposedly psyches out their opponents thus giving NZ an unfair advantage.
Now I think that's garbage, if you're playing at that level and get psyched out by that then you have no business being on the pitch. I also think it's a great tradition which should be allowed to continue. It sets their stall out and gives an opportunity for our lads to face them down.
Who can forget a few years back when Dylan Hartley stood on the centre spot staring into (I think) Dan Carter's eyes as he led the haka.
Let it continue says me.

New Zealand won and comfortably, forget the 3 points only margin, they dominated 55 out of the 80 minutes and even when down to 14 players they won 3-0 during that period, they missed 4 kicks as well, on a positive note England are getting better everytime I see them, our Jonny may scored Englands only try, he has looked great for us this season at Kingsholm.

Overall a very good hard match, but the winners deserved it.

PS, A penalty try isn't a try, just points awarded for the offence of repeated penalty's, and the points awarded the same as a try.

Just to widen things out a little. There have been calls recently for the Haka to be banned because it supposedly psyches out their opponents thus giving NZ an unfair advantage.
Now I think that's garbage, if you're playing at that level and get psyched out by that then you have no business being on the pitch. I also think it's a great tradition which should be allowed to continue. It sets their stall out and gives an opportunity for our lads to face them down.
Who can forget a few years back when Dylan Hartley stood on the centre spot staring into (I think) Dan Carter's eyes as he led the haka.
Let it continue says me.

Ban the Haka? nonsense, Im a Brit and support England but the Haka sends shivers down my spine, part of the game, leave it alone,

You guys are hilarious. Seriously Ireland deserved the win I just can't get over how the same side that beat the all blacks a couple of weeksago couldn't even get some of the basics right today. Guess I should just keep taking the prozac and not over think things :(

You guys are hilarious. Seriously Wales deserved the win I just can't get over how the same side that beat the all blacks a couple of weeksago couldn't even get some of the basics right today. Guess I should just keep taking the prozac and not over think things :(
Yep :biggrin:

Damn, you quoted my post. I was going to be nasty by 'accidentally' congratulating Wales but realised i'm being unsporting and bitter so I quickly edited it. Not quick enough ;)

Marv I think what these matches today have shown is the Northern hemisphere teams are catching you southern teams, when push comes to shove in the Worldcup I believe a southern team will win it, but were catching you fellas.

Oh I'm under no illusions about the capabilities of Northern hemisphere teams and I think the England squad is probably one of the best ever. It certainly makes for interesting times, and I'm hoping the Springboks do some serious soul searching before next weekends game.

Well the Boks certainely made us look stupid at times, more worrying for them though was the way they let us back into the game, they should have buried us really and were much better

Reply to England vs All Blacks in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net