Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Equipotential bonding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. eckersecker

eckersecker Guest

Ok hard hat on. Ive wired a garage with a water pipe. Ive taken a 10 mm back from the pipe to the MET in the house (TNS). The board in the garage is RCD protected. So far all the same as the IEE Supplying a Detached Out building booklet recommendations. Can I run another 10 mm from the pipe to the earth bar in the garage consumer unit? This would help reduce the Zs readings of the garage consumer unit and in my opinion make the installation safer.

2. wirepuller

wirepuller Trusted Advisor

Cant see why you'd want to....if the Zdb is high you need to look at the design of your distribution circuit to the garage or the Ze at the intake. If the Zdb is not high why bother?....Aside from that I cant see an issue if you do want to connect to the garage CU.

3. eckersecker

eckersecker Guest

well it would mean in effect that the garage board had an extra 10 mm earth all the way back to the board. which, although belts and braces , should increase safety.