Discuss Erbauer ERF2675DS 24V Cordless SDS Plus Drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
is anybody using this? i can't decide between this or a corded makita/dewalt for about £100. would like some reviews if possible please

the corded one will probably be a pain when i'm up ladders on my own or have to run out the extension for drilling 2 holes etc.. but on the other hand they are cheaper and more powerful.

i'd post a link to the screwfix site where it's being sold for £150 but i have a feeling the link will be starred out so i'll just post the drill info and let you tap it into google yourself....

Erbauer ERF2675DS 24V Cordless SDS Plus Drill

Not I, my SDS drill is corded and I have a 24V NimH cordless hammer and a 14.4V Li-Ion (all bosch). Also a couple of cheap keyless drills for mixing up plaster etc.

Looks like it would do the job, it has rotary stop which is the main thing if you need to use chisel capability. The main thing with cordless versus corded is the number of batteries you'd need and the recharge time.

I read a review of these drills and the results were mixed. The batteries have a tendency to run out quite quickly apparently. If it is the only SDS drill you will have for a little while I would opt for the corded, I have a decent Bosch SDS cordless but find I use my corded more as its lighter and less cumbersome even with the cord, and I'm not paranoid about the batteries! The new SDS drills are ace but cost a fortune and I think its one thing that you really get what you pay for.

I would, as has been said, get a corded before you get a battery. To get a decent battery one you need to really go or the big guns in my opinion, whereas you can get a fairly decent corded SDS for next to nothing these days. If you're looking at a makita or dewalt corded, they will probably last you forever, leaving you free to save up and get a really decent battery drill.

Good tool, and it is worth the £150 paid. It is perfect for drilling and light chiselling, but struggles a bit on sinking backboxes into brick. had it about 6 months, and as time goes by the batteries improve. It gets used mainly for the lighter jobs when it is quicker and easier not to be trailing extension leads about.

Cheers.........Howard

Reply to Erbauer ERF2675DS 24V Cordless SDS Plus Drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock