Discuss ERG FACILITIES, what are they about, do i take on their work or not. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Guys and girls, just interested to know if any of you have any previous history of dealing with ERG FACILITIES based out of southend on sea. They keep ringing me to see if i would be interested to undertake local contracts for them. Obviously being sceptical have always refused , tho i am intrigued in case they are legitimate . Any thoughs please.

Guys and girls, just interested to know if any of you have any previous history of dealing with ERG FACILITIES based out of southend on sea. They keep ringing me to see if i would be interested to undertake local contracts for them. Obviously being sceptical have always refused , tho i am intrigued in case they are legitimate . Any thoughs please.
Anyone done work for LOM Maintenance? - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/threads/anyone-done-work-for-lom-maintenance.73622/page-5

Had one experience with them. Ended up threatening court action to get paid, and customers got ripped off. Most recent contact with them was watching them being investigated by rogue traders on telly.

Make of that what you will.

Thanks guys, as i thought. Got caught out by mondial lighting about 5 years back and now suspicious of everybody that offers in that manner. Trouble is have had a few genuine contracts from these suspicious leads, so cant automatically dismiss them.

As per this thread this is just a friendly warning of what to expect;

Just want to warn you that we've had takedown notices sent, sometimes to the forum and sometimes to individual members in the past, by a few businesses similar in nature to this one and also Mondial Lighting, Bridge End House, Low Ln, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4DF, UK.

These notices seem to get sent when something is posted that they don't want on the internet and even a general discussion or stating and experience or opinion can result in a notice being sent.

Just so you know what to expect, the 'legal' letter will claim you've created a platform to enable defamation and have caused business interruption, brand damage, financial losses etc etc etc. It will inform you you're not allowed to publish or forward the letter and demand you remove the posts you made online immediately otherwise you will be persued legally for financial compensation.

I have an enviable collection of these letters from over the years so if you want to see some examples send me a message and I'll send you some samples.

Here's a shortened version of what you might expect from Mondial Lighting;

ERG FACILITIES, what are they about, do i take on their work or not. Dear Sir - EletriciansForums.net

ERG FACILITIES, what are they about, do i take on their work or not. Copyright - EletriciansForums.net

ERG FACILITIES, what are they about, do i take on their work or not. Actions Required - EletriciansForums.net

ERG FACILITIES, what are they about, do i take on their work or not. Remedy - EletriciansForums.net

As per this thread this is just a friendly warning of what to expect;

Just want to warn you that we've had takedown notices sent, sometimes to the forum and sometimes to individual members in the past, by a few businesses similar in nature to this one and also Mondial Lighting, Bridge End House, Low Ln, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4DF, UK.

These notices seem to get sent when something is posted that they don't want on the internet and even a general discussion or stating and experience or opinion can result in a notice being sent.

Just so you know what to expect, the 'legal' letter will claim you've created a platform to enable defamation and have caused business interruption, brand damage, financial losses etc etc etc. It will inform you you're not allowed to publish or forward the letter and demand you remove the posts you made online immediately otherwise you will be persued legally for financial compensation.

I have an enviable collection of these letters from over the years so if you want to see some examples send me a message and I'll send you some samples.

Here's a shortened version of what you might expect from Mondial Lighting;

View attachment 43071

View attachment 43072

View attachment 43073

View attachment 43074
So did they actually try to claim from you or was it just a scare tactic that resulted in nothing

Thing that worries me about ERG, is that although they are supposedly local, the photos they use in their ads show Russian wiring colours.

So did they actually try to claim from you or was it just a scare tactic that resulted in nothing
The letter wasn't sent to me. I'm located in Southern Hemisphere Africa which, even though some UK lawyers will try claim otherwise, is not in the jurisdiction of UK or EU defamation laws. I'm not sure if a financial claim was made or not in this particular case.

Does the same thing happen if it’s posted in ‘the arms’ - in our secret place? Effectively they wouldn’t know about it and we can defame until we are pooped!

The Arms isn't publicly viewable so it would be a better place for these types of discussions if you want to avoid harassment by lawers letters. Problem is that in the Arms the thread and its content won't attract comments from people outside of the forum so once the regulars have posted their say the thread will tend go stale with no new input.

Your call.

Reply to ERG FACILITIES, what are they about, do i take on their work or not. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock