Discuss Escape route in dwellings fire clips and best methods in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So have been trying to find the best method for containment of multiple cables above escape routes in dwellings (hidden in the ceilng) the little red pre fixed fold over clips look like a pain in the ---. Was wondering if there is a better method (similar to the conventional clips) and If anyone can clarfy what is required with regard to the reg.

I didn't think it applied to dwellings, however, nothing stopping you going further than BS7671. Unless this is not for a volume development for quickness carry on with standard cable clips and in places could use banding.

I think it does apply to dwellings also, though now starting to doubt myself! If it doesn't it should, as this was one of the better inclusions with AMD3 IMO. Maybe the firefighters that moonlight as Kev Kitchen on their days off will start to appreciate proper sparks a bit more now and utilise our services, seen as we are trying to keep them alive!!

Anyway, I use a combination of DLine fire clips and PVC coated galv band. The DLine are flaming expensive though... Metal P clips should be ok too. If I had multiple cables together I would use all round band probably.

Not applicable above a fire rated ceiling, if ran below the ceiling above an exit on surface then meta fixing must be used. Could use galv conduit as another option. D clips inside pvc trunking would be my choice

Not applicable above a fire rated ceiling, if ran below the ceiling above an exit on surface then meta fixing must be used. Could use galv conduit as another option. D clips inside pvc trunking would be my choice

Reply to Escape route in dwellings fire clips and best methods in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net