Discuss ESSE 990 Electric Stove .. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Got one of these to install shortly ........ what caught my eye when I read the spec was:

"The controls for ovens and hobs are neatly housed behind the upper left door. And, of course, with no flue needed, your 990 EL can be positioned wherever you want, provided there’s a 2 x 13amp power supply."

Anyone installed one of these?

I was wondering about the 2 x 13A - would a standard 2 x 13A (i.e, 20A) socket be OK? The technical info just says 2 a 13A!

I've got the existing 6mm outlet to adapt so my initial thought is a standard 2G socket

Thoughts?

depends on the load(s) after applying diversity. as long as they total<20A a 2 gang socket would be OK. and does the appliance come with fitted BS1363 plug tops?

I think I would go for two single sockets. As I understand it single or double are rated at 13a. Although I understand diversity applied would bring that down, but then I don't know what the rating of each item is.

You could always chop the plugs off :)eek:) and use a dual outlet plate.

Edit; the smiley should be :eek:

Edit, edit. Cancel that manufacturer says use plug tops :oops:

Last edited:
Fun while working is good!
This one would be fun. Just had a look at specs (resting today) and it weighs in well over 300kg, my back feels worse just reading about it. It's not clear to me what the power needs are, but my best bet is there are 2 plugs, one for the cooktop and one for the ovens, each capable of 13A draw.

I made an enquiry into the ESSE EL 13's power consumption to ESSE technical department. Please see an extract from an email I received from their R&D section:

'We’ve been running some power consumption tests on the EL cookers.

The first being power consumption when on slumber over a 24 hour period.

The EL13 used 7.8kwh which equals to 0.3kwh per hour.

The 990EL used 10kwh which equals to 0.4kwh per hour.

The next test we ran was for the EL13 power consumption turning the Hot plate to full, the top oven to 200°C and the bottom over to 180°C from slumber and then left at these new settings over a 24 hour period.

It used 31.18kwh which equals 1.3kwh per hour average.'

I think you would be fine plugging an EL13 into a double socket of a good brand since the averaged power consumption is around 0.4kW in slumber mode and 1.3kW for a representative use case drawn from two 13A outlets.

I hope this helps you make up your own mind.

Reply to ESSE 990 Electric Stove .. in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net